UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Snooper SLD 920 - Laser Diffuser

Old 07-08-2002, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aaaah, I see. Yes, higher would be better. The trouble is, the next slat up is too thin, the slat above that means they would be mostly obscured.

Ive now thought it may be possible to bend the L-brackets to mount either side of the number plate - the bumper is not flat here. Im not sure if there is enough material to fix to - you dont want the things sticking out!

Keith
Old 07-08-2002, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just had a look at Lisa's 'Fast Guy' link and on there it doesn't mention the number plate, but it does talk about choosing a centre line on the car and not being too low down....

"The system comprises two special transducers which must be mounted in a forward position on the car. For example behind the grille or in the vehicle's air intake. They must be mounted to the left and right of a centre line passing through the car. A position should be chosen so they have a clear unobstructed view of the road ahead THROUGH THE AIR. In other words they cannot be mounted behind glass, plastic, metal or any other material. The transducers may be mounted in a horizontal or vertical orientation but the lenses MUST face directly forward. The transducers should not be mounted in a low position where road dirt is more likely to build up on the lenses or where stone chippings may strike and damage the special infra red lenses."

Pete
Old 07-08-2002, 09:43 AM

Bit of a tricky one on where to fit the sensors, as the front of the S is not an ideal mounting point. The easiest place is in the grille, however this isn't the best 'line of sight' position. Keith and I took a long time in trying to decide how/where best to fit the sensors. I'm very happy with the way that it looks at the moment, but appreciate there's not a lot of point having them where they are if they're not effective. There is no way I want to do anything 'permanent' to the front of the car so I have just sent an email to Steve at UK Speed Traps to ask for advice and to arrange to get the device tested so will let you know how I get on.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JamesM
[B]Just heard back from Fastguy and they are not keen to move on the price as they say that their margin are 'very tight'.

Sorry, but the price sticks at
Old 07-15-2002, 02:05 AM

I've had an answer from FastGuy today as follows:

Yes I'm afraid the price is now
Old 07-16-2002, 05:46 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leggy Blonde
[B]
Old 07-16-2002, 05:52 AM

Hi Mike,

Steve sent me a message saying that from how I had described where the sensors where fitted, it should work fine.

Although he does offer a testing service, he is currently too busy to travel out of the Staffordshire area. In the next couple of weeks I aim to take a trip up there to get it tested as I'd rather be safe than sorry!
Old 07-16-2002, 06:00 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leggy Blonde
[B]Hi Mike,

Steve sent me a message saying that from how I had described where the sensors where fitted, it should work fine.

Although he does offer a testing service, he is currently too busy to travel out of the Staffordshire area.
Old 07-16-2002, 06:30 AM

I have ordered mine with payment by cheque yesterday @
Old 07-16-2002, 06:48 AM

Originally posted by PWE 896
I will then liaise with Lisa and we'll both maybe go see Steve for a test (eh Lisa?)
Sounds good to me

Quick Reply: Snooper SLD 920 - Laser Diffuser