UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Snooper SLD 920 - Laser Diffuser

Old 07-08-2002, 03:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by mikerich

Have you tried it yet??
A bit tricky when it's my car he installed it on!

50+ mile drive this morning. All seems fine, but didn't come across any laser traps (where are they when you want them? ).

You know the device is working as it beeps when you start the engine/turn it on. Very neat and unobtrusive when driving(cheers Keith for the top installation job). The only way to tell the device is fitted is the sensors in the front grille, but they actually 'blend in' fairly well and you'd have to know what you were looking for to tell what they are. The on/off switch in the car is extremely innocent and looks like it belongs there as standard.

All I need now is to find a laser trap. Anyone know where I'll find one today...................?
Old 07-08-2002, 04:01 AM

Keep us posted on how you get on LB.......hopefully you won't find too many laser traps!
Old 07-08-2002, 04:05 AM

Will do James.

I'll try and get round to posting some piccies this week - but failing that I'll definitely be at Box Hill if you want to check out Keith's handywork!
Old 07-08-2002, 04:14 AM

Sounds like a plan!
Old 07-08-2002, 04:32 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Leggy Blonde
[B]
A bit tricky when it's my car he installed it on!
Old 07-08-2002, 05:31 AM

Have just read on UK Speed Traps that you can connect the SLD 920 to the Road angel via the Aux. Port:

'If you have a Blinder or Snooper SLD 920 you could connect this to that Aux. port and when the Jammer fires the Road Angel warns you, a good way to have an alarm on a jammer. When the trigger is set i.e. Jammer fires what happens is the MOBILE symbol comes up, the red screen mode kicks in and flashes like mad, and you get full bars and sounds depending on your sound setting.'

Sounds like a plan and would solve the problem of not being able to hear the alert when the roof is down/stereo is up.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Tyringe
SLD920 installed and operational! Sensor/diffusers are installed under the bottom slat on the front grill.
Keith, I understood that the optimum siting for the sensors was directly beneath the number plate as that was usually the target point for the TO with the gun?

Pete
Old 07-08-2002, 06:15 AM

Hi Pete,

I followed the instructions supplied which indicated that the sensors should be placed a quarter of the width of the car, from each side. I didnt measure but they are pretty close.

There is no real ideal placing on the S2000 as mounting points are hard to find, unless you want to cut and mount into the bumper.

They could be mounted on the slat above but they would be more noticable and easier to steal.

Ive not done anything permanent and they can be moved if a more suitable mout point can be found.

Keith
Old 07-08-2002, 07:05 AM

No Keith, sorry, I was talking about the vertical placement; I thought from the stuff that I read on the speedtraps site that the sensors should be up near the level of the number plate. Didn't the instructions mention that then?

Pete
Old 07-08-2002, 07:07 AM

Incidentally, the expenditure is worthwhile, notwithstanding the fine and points on licence issue. I am in the process of getting new insurance quotes and that sneaky SP30 I got at Easter is putting around

Quick Reply: Snooper SLD 920 - Laser Diffuser