UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Snooper SLD 920 - Laser Diffuser

Old 07-03-2002, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I've got the Bel Europa 966R with laser pick-up and jammer interface. Here's the link

http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk/bel966car.htm

This is very small and is mounted on the steering column without obstructing the instrument panel. You can alter the sound levels and mute now as well which is a bonus.
See what you think...
Old 07-03-2002, 06:34 AM

Originally posted by JamesM
I wonder could we get together a group purchase and see if this guy will do us a good deal?

Dan, I take it that you'll be up for one?
Probably would if its really easy to fit !
Have forwarded a link to the website to my Imprezza-owning mates - they'd be very interested too if it works well.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:40 AM

I've contacted them and am waiting to hear back to see what kind of deal they can do for a group purchase - I'll keep you informed.
Old 07-04-2002, 11:31 PM

Being that I rarely ever break the speed limit, these gizmos hardly seem necessary for me
I'm such a saint. Tum te tum te tum.

But I want one. Just in case I find myself doing 32 in a 30 zone so I'd be interested in a group buy.
Old 07-04-2002, 11:36 PM

Stayed tuned for an update on the group buy very soon Bert!
Old 07-05-2002, 03:52 AM

Just heard back from Fastguy and they are not keen to move on the price as they say that their margin are 'very tight'.

Sorry, but the price sticks at
Old 07-08-2002, 01:16 AM

SLD920 installed and operational!

Install time : 3hrs approx.

Sensor/diffusers are installed under the bottom slat on the front grill. The kit comes with L-brackets which were attached to the units. This bottom slat is actually two pieces of plastic screwed together. Two small tie wraps, through the two holes on the L-bracks and pushed between the two bits of plastic. When the tie-wraps are pulled tight the sensor/diffusers are held firm in the perfect place with no fixings visible. One sensor/diffuser on each side, 3 inches from the edge. The units are visible but discrete.

Cable run was along to the near-side and up to the ground point on near-side wing. The sensor/diffusers were wired into this ground point. Power (with supplied in-line fuse) & signal were also connected here and run alongside the existing cables to the near-side firewall cable-entry point. To get wire through the firewall, remove the tape from the firewall rubber boot in the engine-bay, push a large tie-wrap through, tape the wire to the end under the dashand pull back.

Cable is tie-wrapped but exposed through the engine, sleeving to be installed as soon as I get some.

Switch is installed in the blank on the right-hand side of the steering wheel. Bit of hassle to cut out hole as I didnt have a drill-bit big enough but my assistant did an excellent job with a stanley-knife. The switch is a PERFECT colour match for the black dash plastic.

Power was connected into the spare spade connector in the drivers-side fuse-box. Power with ignition. Ground was connected into the already-busy earth point by this fuse box.

The beeper is currently by the fuse-box but this isnt ideal as it isnt that loud (you get test beeps when the system is switched on). I think this will be moved to sit beside the alarm transducer on the windscreen frame - it is small so will be discrete.

Extras required for installation : tape, heat-shrink tubing, tie-wraps (all sizes), spade connectors with LARGE holes for connecting into ground points.

HTH

Keith
Old 07-08-2002, 01:23 AM

sounds like a good way to install it Keith. The buzzer could fit behind the A pillar trim on the drivers side - it unclips at the top and can then be lifted upwards from the dash, lots of space behind there.

Tif
Old 07-08-2002, 02:32 AM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Any body know about Lidar frequencies? As in, whether or not this would work with Australian Laser Speed Guns.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:48 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tyringe
[B]SLD920 installed and operational!

Quick Reply: Snooper SLD 920 - Laser Diffuser