UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Slid into kerb

Old 05-13-2013, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slid into kerb

Ok so goin round a roundabout slid lost it completely and hit the kerb now I've bent something don't know what yet now about to find out fingers crossed it nothing bad
Old 05-13-2013, 11:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hub, control arm and lower wishbone at a guess

See what's snapped, replace it then take it for tracking.. They will tell you what's wrong there
Old 05-13-2013, 12:14 PM

Sorry to hear that buddy, not a nice feeling, i was once fannying about with my crx hand brake turn,(thinking i was cool and that the girls loved it)was in a private road, Mid Drift haha drift my thumb slipped off the the E-brake button and 360ed in a curb bent hub, roll bar wishbone etc etc That taught me not think i was DK from F&F Tokyo drift, hope your subframe is ok
Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 PM
MSC

Originally Posted by davemr2
Sorry to hear that buddy, not a nice feeling, i was once fannying about with my crx hand brake turn,(thinking i was cool and that the girls loved it)was in a private road, Mid Drift haha drift my thumb slipped off the the E-brake button and 360ed in a curb bent hub, roll bar wishbone etc etc That taught me not think i was DK from F&F Tokyo drift, hope your subframe is ok
You were cool and the girls DID love it mate Don't be discouraged by a small error.

To the OP: unlucky mate, hope its not as bad as you fear, fingers crossed
Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 PM

Just had a butchers it looks like the track arm is touching the brake dust plate so I think it might have just bent a hub
Old 05-13-2013, 01:33 PM

You were cool and the girls DID love it mate Posted Image Don't be discouraged by a small error.
hahahaa no need for e-brake now but if in the future i will get one of those am cool am a drifter buttons that stay pushed down

There are a few hubs on flebay mate dont sweat it all can be fixed
Old 05-13-2013, 01:37 PM

hopefully its only the hub thats all i can put it down to i dont think the front has sustained any damage not too sure didnt have time to take the other side off is the trak rod arm meant to have a bend in it it looks like it might have so it sits in the wheel properly but not sure
Old 05-13-2013, 10:40 PM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

There is no "designed in" bend in the track rod arm
Old 05-14-2013, 01:05 AM

Drop links have probably gone as well, a simple kerb mounting in my old car resulted in a £3k bill at Honda prices.
That did include £500 or whatever it was for a new wheel from Honda, of course the 'actual' bill was only around £1k.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:50 AM

Well I'm hoping mines not that bad is there anyone around norwich who would be happy to help ie take a wheel off so we can compare parts see what looks normal hopefully it is just the rear hub that's taken the grunt fingers crossed that's all I could see that looked out of place kinda but a slight movement on the track arm I believe can make a lot of difference

Quick Reply: Slid into kerb