UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Slashed roof

Old 04-23-2003, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am 1/2 Jamaican and 1/2 English and have been bought up almost my entire life in this country for the best part in a village (population 1000) where my mother and me were the only black people in the village.

So to go back to the point I believe the reason why people end up in I quote 'mini replica areas of the country they decided to leave' is generally due to the fact they feel safe and more welcomed around people of similar backgrounds. I found throughout my childhood both at school and at home alot people were not as welcoming to me. I regularly got the blame for incidents, which had nothing to do with me, now people assume I pimp women or deal drugs because I own a nice car wear an expensive watch etc. no lie the general belief of the people in my village.

I personnally would not only want to live only around black people i enjoy the mix of people where i live. but its not about minoritys or majoritys is about ones feelings.

I also think moving to Italy is not a fair comparison - try moving somewhere totally different - say India - I guarantee you find yourself mostly around English people and you don't take on there culture - I lose count of the amount of people I see on holiday who just sit on the beach and moan about the lack of chips or warm beer. Also where do most Brits emigrate? Australia, USA, Canada, Spain. These apart from maybe Spain have little or no change in culture to England.

I am not trying to excuse any sort of behaviour or knock anyone here I just think that people both black and white seem to miss the point a lot of the time.

To anyone who really takes an interest in this subject I recommend a book called Windrush written by Trevor EDIT: Phillips and others. it
Old 04-23-2003, 01:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Iron Head
[B] I recommend a book called Windrush written by Trevor MacDonald and others it
Old 04-23-2003, 02:08 AM

You can tell i havn't read it for a while but yea its Trevor Phillips not Macdonald.

Now i feel a wee bit silly

Have you read it?
Old 04-23-2003, 02:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Iron Head
[B]You can tell i havn't read it for a while but yea its Trevor Phillips not Macdonald.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:25 AM

fair enuff. if u get the chance read it. You might like it.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:43 AM

Iron Head, you are completely correct in your comments my point is purely a personal view and perhaps a little blnkered in that if I decided to leave this Country I would choose to emmigrate to a place where I would feel comfortable about adopting that Countries Culture. I would not consider moving to a country that say had a firm belief that we evolved from a hermaphradite chipmunk named Dave and each day at tea time they congregated in a square a hailed the allmighty chipmunk. I know this is completely silly but you get my drift. I am happy in this Country although speed cameras in silly places piss me off and little shits who cause damage to property for no other reason than to get a fix.
BTW hows everyones soft top? did I say mines been slashed!
Old 04-23-2003, 05:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Colin Killick
[B] had a firm belief that we evolved from a hermaphradite chipmunk named Dave
Old 04-23-2003, 06:29 AM

Colin,

Yea sorry to hear about your roof - forget to mention it! somehow this got dragged into a immigration debate. I know how u feel ive had previous cars broke into on numerous occasions so far not the S2k.

and in ref to the chipmunk land - that sounds nicely laid back for my tastes, so let us know when the meets there i propose SM5!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 07:13 AM

Being a hermaphrodite sounds fun. Not sure about the chipmunk bit, though.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:15 AM

Chipmunk land isnt far from planet Lezboss, the place where all women either think about visiting, normally at around 18-20, a few sometimes stay on but most come back having not liked but added it to there list of places visited and most blokes wish they could just one day find an Airline who actually flies there. Now thats a place worth emmigrating too.

Quick Reply: Slashed roof