UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Skid ......... Bang part 2

Old 05-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Community Organizer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ouch!! Glad you are okay

What happened?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ouch, sorry to hear this. Hope your ok.

Don't worry you'll soon be in another in a few weeks.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:30 PM
POG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch! Sorry to hear. Glad you're ok. Looks like one hell of a big tree!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:35 PM

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

Ouch!!! You did well to walk from that without a battering! No wonder your head felt a bit off!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think i'd moved over slightly to let a car past as I had just come off a roundabout. As soon as I turned the wheel and accelerated it started sliding all over. There were cars parked next to me so i corrected to avoid them but the back end snapped round. Slid a good few feet sideways into the kerb and the tree. That then sent it spinning around to its resting place. Took a hit to the head and i'm sure i'll be sore tomorrow but all in all got out very lucky.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:53 PM

really sorry to hear about the car. don't forget the point of all of that heavy safety stuff is to keep you alive, which worked! take the insurance pay out and get another S2000 or something else as fun.

you'll feel rubbish for a while, but it'll pass! did you hit your head on the metal roof mechanism bars?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by jsl20
really sorry to hear about the car. don't forget the point of all of that heavy safety stuff is to keep you alive, which worked! take the insurance pay out and get another S2000 or something else as fun.

you'll feel rubbish for a while, but it'll pass! did you hit your head on the metal roof mechanism bars?
To be honest at the moment I don't really feel bad about what happened as it was pretty unavoidable. I'd hit my head on the window I think. Depending on the pay out I'll either get another S2000, 350Z or a cheap run around and use the rest to get back into photography.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:57 PM

Glad you are OK!

Plenty of bits there that you could part out, like the boot with low level spoiler, roof, interior, 17" rims, bonnet, engine/gearbox.

Silver lining and all that!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by gbduo
Glad you are OK!

Plenty of bits there that you could part out, like the boot with low level spoiler, roof, interior, 17" rims, bonnet, engine/gearbox.

I guess it depends on what happens with the insurance though. Never crashed a car in my 12ish years of driving so it'll be a learning curve. I thought they would normally argue with me over the value, and then give me a cheque and be done with it. In that case wouldn't they be keeping the car?
Old 05-10-2012, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by hjabotelho
Originally Posted by gbduo' timestamp='1336694272' post='21688028
Glad you are OK!

I guess it depends on what happens with the insurance though. Never crashed a car in my 12ish years of driving so it'll be a learning curve. I thought they would normally argue with me over the value, and then give me a cheque and be done with it. In that case wouldn't they be keeping the car?
Well talk to Floppy and Loftust as they have experience of this, but I believe they give you a cheque and you can then buy the car back for a certain amount dependent on the insurance category. If they write it off as Cat D or Cat C you can buy it back, Cat A/B you can't.

But yeh, talk with them as usually it means you can get the cheque amount plus a bit more. Especially when you can flog the engine, tranny and diff for £3k.

Quick Reply: Skid ......... Bang part 2