UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Sign of a non-enthusiast owner?

Old 07-17-2008, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mk3valver,Jul 17 2008, 05:48 AM
my good god!!! sorry to be slightly controversial here but its an S2000 not a DB9!!! I totally understand people wanting to look after thier cars, as I do. But c'mon!!! parking at the other end of the car park miles from anyone else so you don't have a ding in your door? life is to short, the thing that will look worse (probably!!) is the front looking like it has been shot blast which is inevitable unless you have one of those awful bonnet bra things, at the end of the day a car for me is about enjoying it, driving it, track days, road trips........ not polishing it and worrying about it

everyone is different i suppose....
You have no idea how thin the skin is, if a child looks at it the wrong way it develops a ding. My wife parked in a shopping centre car park not that long ago on a windy day. some person opened their door and the wind caught it knocking the front wing of my car off its mount, the way the skin folded you were no longer able to open the drivers door.

Anyways, parking far away from the shop door saves time and makes you thinner.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:10 AM

im sure it is thin, enough people on here mention it so they must be more prone to it than other cars. But then, when hammering my S2000 down a country lane or round a track the last thing on my mind is the dings in the doors!!!.... you could spend your whole X amount of years ownership being super careful and some idiot could come along and key it... things that are out of your control (ie what happens to your car when your not there) are not worth worrying about imo
Old 07-17-2008, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by mk3valver,Jul 17 2008, 06:10 AM
im sure it is thin, enough people on here mention it so they must be more prone to it than other cars. But then, when hammering my S2000 down a country lane or round a track the last thing on my mind is the dings in the doors!!!.... you could spend your whole X amount of years ownership being super careful and some idiot could come along and key it... things that are out of your control (ie what happens to your car when your not there) are not worth worrying about imo
If I'm being careful, I'm not worrying about it the amount of hassle it caused me to get that problem fixed was enough to make me feel that it's perfectly reasonable to park a little away from others.
Not being able to open the drivers door is a little more than a ding. Anyways, when you get one you'll realise.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:12 AM

couldn't you park so close to the other person that they couldn't possible get in using the drivers door, they have to climb across from the passangers side?
Old 07-17-2008, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by mk3valver,Jul 17 2008, 05:48 AM
my good god!!! sorry to be slightly controversial here but its an S2000 not a DB9!!! I totally understand people wanting to look after thier cars, as I do. But c'mon!!! parking at the other end of the car park miles from anyone else so you don't have a ding in your door? life is to short, the thing that will look worse (probably!!) is the front looking like it has been shot blast which is inevitable unless you have one of those awful bonnet bra things, at the end of the day a car for me is about enjoying it, driving it, track days, road trips........ not polishing it and worrying about it

everyone is different i suppose....
It's all proportional though. If you have spent all your hard earned cash on an S2000 (or any car it doesnt matter what!), then that car is your pride and joy and it is worth every bit as much to you as if you had a DB9 or whatever.

I know I feel like that, and I will try and protect it from harm's way as much as I can! Of course there are times when it is impossible and you cant protect things all the time, but it's worth doing where possible IMO! (I have witnessed before where people slam open their doors into another in car parks, people can be soooo careless sometimes...)
Old 07-17-2008, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by FistralG,Jul 17 2008, 05:34 AM
what like this?...
hehe good skills, I like that bit of parking!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by jammy_rex,Jul 17 2008, 08:19 AM
It's all proportional though. If you have spent all your hard earned cash on an S2000 (or any car it doesnt matter what!), then that car is your pride and joy and it is worth every bit as much to you as if you had a DB9 or whatever.

I know I feel like that, and I will try and protect it from harm's way as much as I can! Of course there are times when it is impossible and you cant protect things all the time, but it's worth doing where possible IMO! (I have witnessed before where people slam open their doors into another in car parks, people can be soooo careless sometimes...)
yeah people can be right ars**, what i don't get is the lack of care for thier own vehicle? can't expect them to give two hoots about your own car but they just slam thier door into anything without caring... even if i had a