UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.
View Poll Results: Should S2KUK Represent it's members who own older cars by speaking to Honda about the issue
Yes - S2kuk should use it's influence and money to research this issue for the good of it's members
95.40%
No - It's a waste of time
4.60%
I own a new car I so don't care
0%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Should S2KUK speak to Honda about Suspension

Old 01-25-2006, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StevenM,Jan 25 2006, 08:52 AM

It has been raised before *lots* of times on here.

It would have been the first question on my list had I been there.
I meant the idea of using S2KUK to raise the issue with Honda has not been raised before, although I would not be surprised if it had and I missed it.

Hopefully AE will be willing to pick this up through the institute.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by StevenM,Jan 25 2006, 08:54 AM
He isn't ... he is spot on.

Read all the links I posted. I made a big issue of this a few months back.
I meant the fact he got in a huff not even a full HOUR after posting at 8 in the bloody morning, when all the views he quotes could quite easily have been the responsibility of the 14 (at the time) voters.

Anyway, that's not the point of the topic.

For what it's worth, as someone who bought a second hand 03 7 months ago...yes I read the FAQ. There's TONS of information in there, far too much to digest it all, so one sticks the non-relevant stuff to the back of the mind. And yes, when faced with that much info if your suspension is working correctly, then this does fall into the irrelevant category at the time.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by CiderBoy,Jan 25 2006, 09:02 AM
I meant the idea of using S2KUK to raise the issue with Honda has not been raised before, although I would not be surprised if it had and I missed it.

Hopefully AE will be willing to pick this up through the institute.
I mentioned it over a year ago in my first thread. (around Nov 04)
Old 01-25-2006, 12:07 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by grahamb,Jan 25 2006, 09:03 AM
And yes, when faced with that much info if your suspension is working correctly, then this does fall into the irrelevant category at the time.
This is the problem.

People think everything is fine until they take the car to the dealer for an alignment check.

By this time it is too late if the bushes have seized.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:08 AM

May be you did, but did AE have the contacts at the institute then?

The Customer director was, as you might expect, very customer focused and stated an aim to build closer relationships with owners clubs such as ours.

Anyway, I'm speaking for AE here. Let's see what he says when he sees the thread.

Nick
Old 01-25-2006, 12:10 AM

Just refreshed my memory on the FAQ and, in my opinion, this is in the wrong place.

Most other things in that "Common problems" section are things that will happen and THEN you go look in the FAQ to find a solution (or ask here ). In this case, it's too late, as you say.

I'd suggest sticking a mention in the Maintenance section to be honest. On re-reading the FAQ just now I certainly remembered everything from that bit as I carry it out. Common Problems I remembered about 2 things because none of them have happened to me.
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Bada Bing!,Jan 25 2006, 08:50 AM] As I'm terrified at the prospect of the bill for

Originally Posted by grahamb,Jan 25 2006, 09:03 AM
I meant the fact he got in a huff not even a full HOUR after posting at 8 in the bloody morning, when all the views he quotes could quite easily have been the responsibility of the 14 (at the time) voters.
I wouldn't say I got in HUFF Graham. I was just trying to establish some interest in the problem and keep this thread at the top of the board.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:12 AM

I may be showing my ignorance here but what sort of relationship does S2KUK currently have with Honda? Is the purpose of this thread to see whether this is added to part of an on-going dialogue with Honda or is it to kick-start a new regular forum?

If we have an ongoing forum/dialogue, then adding it as a discussion point would seem a no-brainer. If there isn't a forum, then we should this as an opportunity to set one up with this highlighted issue being an early agenda item.

Finesse
Old 01-25-2006, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by grahamb,Jan 25 2006, 09:10 AM
I'd suggest sticking a mention in the Maintenance section to be honest.
There is no maintenance for the issue unless you get the supplying garage to grease the bolts on your brand new car which will cost you around

Quick Reply: Should S2KUK speak to Honda about Suspension