UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Should I get my wing resprayed again?

Old 06-22-2004, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get my wing resprayed again?

The saga continues!!

As some of you may or may not know, Chipsaway attempted to fix a couple of nasty stone chips next to the headlight and ended up painting most of the wing, very badly I complained and they did it again, badly! I complained again and got a refund which covered the cost of my local bodyshop spraying the wing properly.

So the car went into the bodyshop and I got it back on Wednesday last week. The job looked good, but when I washed the car on Saturday I noticed a very slight blemish under the paint next to the headlight so I took the car back in today. The owner had a look and tried to polish said blemish out, but concluded that it was under the laquer so the whole wing would need to be painted again to remove it.

Since the polishing was done today, the mark is very small and pales into insignificance compared to the stonechips on my bonnet and front bumper, so I told the guy I would live with it for a few days/weeks and let him know if I wanted it done again.

Question is can I be arsed to get the whole wing painted again? He's done a cracking job on the colour match and I'm really happy with the finish.

Whilst I'm talking about this bodyshop, he's independant but does all the local main dealership's work, in particular the local TVR dealer. I'm not joking when I say that there is at least one different TVR in that bodyshop every time I go, those things must make S2000s look soft There was T350c in there today and apart from the crash damage it was well
Old 06-22-2004, 08:55 AM

A pic would help us in this diliberation.

If it ain't that bad and it will probably get chipped again anyway, live with it. But I need to see to believe.

G
Old 06-22-2004, 09:11 AM

I don't think it would show up on the camera as the black is so shiny I'll give it a go later
Old 06-22-2004, 09:22 AM

You must be a zaino boi
Old 06-22-2004, 09:23 AM

No it doesn't show up on the camera. On second look it really is insignificant now that it's been polished (although Chrisr111 might get upset by it ) so I think I'll leave it.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:25 AM

Originally posted by Gazzer
You must be a zaino boi
I think the black is so shiny after Zaino that the camera is trying to focus on the objects that are reflected in the paintwork
Old 06-22-2004, 09:34 AM

And he has done a great job...

He's resprayed the whole of the passenger wing. Cost was
Old 06-22-2004, 09:55 AM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Neil,

If you're pleased with the job and the blemish is only minor I wouldn't bother risking them making a complete horlicks of it when they do it again - I've had some bad spray jobs in the past.

Mine's getting the 'scratch' painted on Friday.

I'm praying they'll do a good job.

Chris.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:57 AM

Good luck with the scratch Chris Does whoever is doing it know what a perfectionist you are?
Old 06-22-2004, 10:06 AM

Nice Neil

I'm thinking about getting my o/s wing done too as it has picked up a very strange spider-like scratch, almost like something has been rubbing on it and there's also a couple of tiny chips. For that price I think it would be money well spent, is the finish really as good as from the factory? Are your badges in the right places etc?

Quick Reply: Should I get my wing resprayed again?