UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Serious Performance

Old 11-03-2005, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious Performance

Since buying the car not so long ago, I have been looking into products to clean and protect my car. Previously only washing my other car occasionally, and even less often waxing it, I wanted to improve for the S

Thanks to Rahula and a few others on this site I now understand cleaning cars better. So off I headed with my S2kuk discount to Serious Performance to order a few things. Living close to him, I thought I would go and collect from him and save a few pennies.

to Alex who owns SP. He's a very knowledgable person. Gave me some great advice about cleaning the car, and how to use products, and which products to use with what. I went with a potential list to him, and he advised a couple of changes to make sure all the products worked well with each other (and these worked out cheaper than the original list )

With the S2kuk discount (and a little extra for collecting myself) its been a great deal (and learnt a few things from him)

Definite for SP
Old 11-03-2005, 02:08 PM

Good to hear mate. What was your list and what did Alex change the products too? He is an enthusiast, just like me, and we both experiment with different products whenever we get a chance and I get along with him for this reason and because he is an awesome guy to deal with.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:22 PM

He was keen on keeping with either a set of natural products or set of synthetic products. I had picked a few of the items you had mentioned in your polishing thread.

In all I now have Meguiars NXT car wash, Clearkote Blue Moose Cutting Cream, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (which requires a few layers, and he recommends leaving the product on for an hour before buffing off - some people he knows leave it on overnight ) to go with P21-S Carnuba wax, and Meguiars Hot rims.

If the weather improves, I will be having a decent session over the weekend!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:30 PM

Strange for him to deviate from the formula which works so well especially VM and EX. I think he might have had a few drinks tonight. I would not layer VM unless applied with a soft sponge applicator because it is a cleaner and will remove previous layers. As to P21S wax it is good but it will only last around 2-4 weeks and therefore it is important to apply a synthetic sealant first to ensure durability and then P21S. I'll have a chat with him tomorrow!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:31 PM

Did he show you his skyline??

And as you say Alex is a great bloke and I have introduced a lot of business his way as I am confident in his professionalism, friendly nature
Old 11-03-2005, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by rahula,Nov 3 2005, 11:30 PM
Strange for him to deviate from the formula which works so well especially VM and EX. I think he might have had a few drinks tonight. I would not layer VM unless applied with a soft sponge applicator because it is a cleaner and will remove previous layers. As to P21S wax it is good but it will only last around 2-4 weeks and therefore it is important to apply a synthetic sealant first to ensure durability and then P21S. I'll have a chat with him tomorrow!
I don't have VM. It's Klasse Glaze that he said should be layered. Then to top it off with P21-S as I already have that. And he said the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze was synthetic!

I saw pics of this Skyline, didn't have it with him at the time, very car!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:04 PM

[QUOTE=Sarren,Nov 3 2005, 11:56 PM] I don't have VM. It's Klasse Glaze that he said should be layered. Then to top it off with P21-S as I already have that. And he said the Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze was synthetic!

I saw pics of this Skyline, didn't have it with him at the time, very
Old 11-03-2005, 03:17 PM

Makes sense now!

I remember you mentioning Carlack being possibly better than Klasse but as I was there, and I was given a decent discount, I thought I would buy it and try. Will probably try and get some Carlack next time if Klasse is really that good. I didn't get AIO in the end.

You say that you can apply the glaze then leave until the next wash? How long lasting is the glaze? I thought he mentioned that without a wax on top, the glaze wouldn't last too long?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sarren,Nov 4 2005, 12:17 AM
Makes sense now!

I remember you mentioning Carlack being possibly better than Klasse but as I was there, and I was given a decent discount, I thought I would buy it and try. Will probably try and get some Carlack next time if Klasse is really that good. I didn't get AIO in the end.

You say that you can apply the glaze then leave until the next wash? How long lasting is the glaze? I thought he mentioned that without a wax on top, the glaze wouldn't last too long?
Apply the glaze which is a sealant and doesn't need anything on top. If you have bought Klasse you will not need to buy CarLack for at least a year maybe 3! It should be applied so thin that you don't even see it. Having said this the glaze is a sealant and will last a very long time indeed, the difference between the two is that AIO is also a mild cleaner. No need to apply P21S after it but if you have already done this then don't apply another layer of the glaze because it will not stick.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I've always found Alex a good guy to deal with (Even when i was pissed at JAE )

Quick Reply: Serious Performance