UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Seems resolved now !

Old 10-08-2005, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seems resolved now !

Well after my S got banged from behind 4 months ago, there has been a long running saga ever since, trying to get the insurance mess sorted out etc.

In case you haven't been following the story (and I haven't posted it all) the shortened version is this:

June 19th - Mondeo decides to hit me from behind doing approx 55mph while I'm at red lights. He takes off, flies over and down the side of the car about 5ft in the air, then lands on the bonnet of a 4x4.

I'm understandably shaken, the car is towed away, and a Z4 arrives a couple of days later as the courtesy car, provided by a company called PCH (a claims management company employed by my broker). The Z4 cost about 200 quid a day....

After trying to deal with my insurance company (Norwich Union), and giving up due to them only using an Indian call centre and refusing to deal with the claim in-country. While I have no issues with this per se, the fact that the delay on the line was horrendous and the people had a poor command of the English language was a problem. Add to that they had no idea what car I was talking about and didn't posess an ounce of common sense, and I and PCH decided the best course of action was to get the Mondeo drivers insurance company to cough up directly.

His insurance company was AXA, who agreed to inspect the vehicle. At this point my car had been flat bedded from the accident in Bracknell, to a storage yard, and then again to NU's central salvage yard in Bristol. AXA understandably wouldn't inspect the car there so wanted it moved - NU agreed but decided it would take them 3 weeks to move the car - so AXA got it moved instead. This however took a week or 2 as the salvage yard lost not only the paperwork, but the car as well.

We even made it into the spotters forum at this point, as little bunny was spotted on the flat bed on the motorway !

Eventually the car makes it to Autotechnics in Bray and AXA inspect it - agreeing that the car should be written off due to the damage to the back end making it uneconomical. I also asked them to provide me with full indemnity against any future problem with the car during normal use or in an accident, caused by this damage. Although they swore that using a jig to straighten the chassis was perfectly safe, they wouldn't confirm in writing that the car was as safe as before. I think this might be what prompted the write off.

AXA made me an offer of
Old 10-08-2005, 12:06 PM

Glad to hear that you finally got it sorted.

What a nightmare!!

Happy driving - Keep smiling!
Old 10-08-2005, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Pics of the new dream machine required Jo.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:22 PM

glad u got it sorted in the end.

now all u need to do is get it run in!
Old 10-08-2005, 12:32 PM

Pics waiting for a sunny day, or at least til Chris gets home and can upload a few from today ! Lip and spoile rlook fab
Old 10-08-2005, 12:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just post a pic of the old one before the smash - it'll be the same.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:58 PM

And your point is?

oh, and the old one didn't have spoilers
Old 10-08-2005, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer,Oct 8 2005, 09:32 PM
Pics waiting for a sunny day, or at least til Chris gets home and can upload a few from today ! Lip and spoile rlook fab
dont do it i`ll only wanna go out n get them for mine!

i havent seen a moonrock with the lip/spoiler before. u might be the first on here!
Old 10-08-2005, 01:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at last, does this mean you have a brand new one or a used one as your sig needs to be updated.

good to get back behind the wheel of a car you can enjoy all over again.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

glad the saga is over

fingers crossed the Indian summer continues for you

Quick Reply: Seems resolved now !