UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Seat options?

Old 06-19-2010, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The large buddy club seats are ace and fit.....JUST.

I'm of similar dimensions to you Mark, so I know you'd be more than happy with them.

Like eSem says - Stock seats are just poop in comparison.

Any way you want it - Holding, comfort, weight, awesomeness....

Even for your Mrs! My Mrs refers to them as the 'Cuddle seats' and she'd constantly fall asleep in them.

No small feat considering the 3" single, air filter, R888s and Tein monoflex on full hard I had on the car
Old 06-19-2010, 11:51 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Got them fitted UN! (see my mod thread)

Did you have the problem that you can't adjust the drivers one back and forward much due to the seat bolster hitting the centre tunnel? I can't get it forward enough for the Doris to drive it now

Maybe I need to drop the seat more... yours looke like it's lower than mine and therefore not hitting the top of the tunnel. But I thought the adjuster bar would be hitting the floor then?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:23 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Afternoon All,

One of the parts of driving an ITR DC2 that i really miss is how good the standard Recaro's seats were at holding you in.

Im 6ft and 16 stone so a fair old pody lump and there is no way i can see me fitting in the wide version of the buddy club P1 seat. I've got the tap measure out and compared and cant see how i would fit.

Can anyone recommend a seat that will fit the buddy club seat runners and be the correct size for me? I dont really fancy sliding all over the OEM seat when i do a trackday next month.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:39 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

I use one of these http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/ admittedly no substitute for a posh seat, but a lot cheaper and works pretty well.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use recaro pole position seats and am about your size- maybe a tad heavier after Christmas!

They work with buddy club rails.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 AM

I don't mind the CG locks as i had one on my integra but the adjuster part broke twice on it and it became abit annoying to have to send it back to have a replacement item. The pin wasn't secured very well it was an interference fit and with usage the pin worked lose.

Cheers for the heads up on the pole position seats. Quite expensive, i was looking at the £500 area including the seat rails. I did just measure the OEM seats.

Sportseats4u lists alot of seats being able to be fitted into the S2000 two i like the look off are.

http://www.corbeau-seats.com/sports-...ar-bucket-seat
http://www.corbeau-seats.com/sports-...ar-bucket-seat

I imagine these all fit using a buddy club seat rail?

Found the ITRDC2 recaro's spec's which will come in handy as i know i fit those seats no problem.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:48 PM

Old 01-16-2013, 04:48 PM

If you don't mind me asking how tall are you/ weight?. From what i've looked at they are quite a big size compared to most s2000 seats.

cheers
Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by razzele
I use recaro pole position seats and am about your size- maybe a tad heavier after Christmas!

They work with buddy club rails.

I've opted to shell out for the Pole position. It seems the best seat available for the S2000 if you are of a larger frame (fat). Initial i did consider the cost of £750 being too much but if i keep the OEM seat i can always swap it out if i decide to sell the car and then fit it in my next one. Getting it in red to match the interior.

Hopefully it will be relativily easy to fit.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by markforrester99
Hopefully it will be relativily easy to fit.
They are a bit fiddly and you will have to loosen/tighten over and over to get them on the rails in the right position.

Quick Reply: Seat options?