UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

the search begins!

Old 11-28-2013, 03:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd go look at the Orange, beautiful colour in the sun, bit dull in the shade

Old 11-28-2013, 03:50 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

I can't stand "selling on behalf of a friend" ads - so that would rule the silver cat D one out for me right there (even though it's got the nice late model alloys on it)

Full red interior can be "love it or hate it", and Orange and Yellow often get overruled by spouses so that might account for the Orange one - although I'm concerned at the lack of the word "Full" with "Service History" - you really want evidence the oil has been changed at the correct intervals.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:51 AM

Yeah im planning to go see the imola on Saturday, seems they have had it since july. The cat d facelift will probably be a lemon.

Nice car F3 ang! Looks stunning in the sun!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:17 AM

Right, now I hate to destroy your hopes but that orange one is a NAIL!

My friend and I went to look at it in essex... (6 hour round trip)

We got there, the car was FILTHY, not looked after in the slightest... but never the less we gave it a chance...

First thing I noticed, seat bolster was ripped.

Then started the car... mileage was wrong to what the advert claimed. Pretty sure it was on 72500 or 74k, anyway...

My friend reversed it off the drive after he moved all his other cars he had for sale (home seller)

I noticed the front lip was split and was never mentioned in the advert.
I then noticed a HUGE dent in the left hand sill, near the rear arch, you can JUST about see it in the pictures but its not mentioned in the advert yet again.

The roof is ripped at the bottom (common thing but again, not mentioned)

I then asked him, when was the last time the oil and filter were changed (just as a basic service type question) His reply... No idea, I just drive it on weekends and in the Summer... I asked how long he had the car... "about a year" and you've never done an oil or filter change???

All in all a complete WASTE OF A WEEKEND and fuel.

I just don't want anyone else to waste their time and hard earned cash on going to look at this shed.
Not looked after one bit

Wouldn't budge on price even though I pointed out he had not identified any problems in his advert and I do admit it does look amazing in those pictures... I have images on my mobile phone of the dent in the sill if anyone wants to take a look?

Sorry to disappoint but just looking out for fellow s2k members.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by LiamR
We got there, the car was FILTHY, not looked after in the slightest... but never the less we gave it a chance...
I literally have no idea how someone cannot clean a car that someone is coming to view.

Mine would be spotless if someone were coming to view it, to be fair it is usually very clean but I would make sure that it looked the best possible for a viewing.

The first thing they see if how clean it is and a bad initial impression is going to put most people off straight away.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LiamR, good shout. search continues for OP i suppose!
Old 11-28-2013, 04:35 AM

Thanks for letting me know liamR. I might have to up my budget and stick with the oil burner for a bit longer
Old 11-28-2013, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by laurieballard
Originally Posted by LiamR' timestamp='1385644676' post='22899081

I literally have no idea how someone cannot clean a car that someone is coming to view.

Mine would be spotless if someone were coming to view it, to be fair it is usually very clean but I would make sure that it looked the best possible for a viewing.

The first thing they see if how clean it is and a bad initial impression is going to put most people off straight away.

Now heres the punchline...

This guy owns a "carwash" you know the type, £5 for a wash and wax or whatever... AT THE BOTTOM OF HIS STREET!!! I chuckled when he told me, apparently he didnt have "time" to get it washed.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

whats your budget?
Old 11-28-2013, 06:24 AM

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2311025915...84.m1586.l2649

nudge nudge wink wink.

Quick Reply: the search begins!