UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Scottish Micro-Meet

Old 11-13-2003, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Catch up time,

I am afraid that I have sold the PRM.

Rolling road figures, this is a long explanation, I am happy to go over it on Saturday if you wish.

Full Mugen set up mmmmm. I hope you have the
Old 11-13-2003, 03:41 AM

Cheers Stuart - yeah I figured it out to be about that price... waiting till after New Year to see if it's gonna be feasible - depends on the work I get in I guess!
Old 11-13-2003, 03:47 AM

Originally posted by Gentoo
Catch up time,

I am afraid that I have sold the PRM.

Rolling road figures, this is a long explanation, I am happy to go over it on Saturday if you wish.
Gentoo, any chance you could expand on that for the benefit of the other PRM owners on the board - I know I'd be interested to hear a bit more about it, and I'm sure so would they. Would a fair summary be that the rolling road figures showed that the PRM was having an adverse effect on performance......?
Old 11-13-2003, 06:13 AM

In a word....no.

Especially as the car did not have a PRM installed at the time, it had a Mugen CAI. I am happy that the results are as I would have expected for the work I have done on the car.

Dyno plots are no use at all in giving one off readings, they are however useful at looking at changes over time.

I could run the car on two different dynos back to back and differ by + - 10 bhp(or more).

What I am doing is using the dyno to get some baseline readings. This allows me to make some decisions about where I want to spend money to improve the car.

I will write some notes up and post them for you, but these are only my opinions and I may be making mistakes, so input is welcomed.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:18 AM

Damnation of the highest order!

I dunno if I'm going to get up to the meet tomorrow... Euan I'll text you in the morning, but I've got a few things I need to see to before I can get away; definitely still looking to get up to Aberfoyle etc. at some point to catch up with you guys.

Old 11-14-2003, 02:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry guys, Mother in Law has just gone into hosptal.
I won't be able to make it.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:12 AM

Well... how was the meet? Sorry I couldn't make it. I had other plans made that were subject to cancelation, but in the end they went ahead. This is the perils of having a bird!

Sorry to go off topic guys... just a wee query about the keys for the S. Are you supposed to get two electronic transmitters for the doors? Or just one? I have two keys, but only one electronic fob. Any other car I've had I've had two?!

Jim
Old 11-17-2003, 12:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got two when I got my car Jim.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:34 AM

Meet was just me and Stuart - met at Carbeth, quick lunch and burn up to Aberfoyle, Dukes Pass, Callander, Stirling.

The Dukes Pass seemed a lot tighter than the last time (scotmeet) I was there - how we all passed that Peugeot on that one stretch I'll never know.

(Although I do have it on video )
Old 11-17-2003, 07:52 AM

Was the pug one of these daft souped-up things?

Talking of which, you should have seen the one parked outside my office today! Bright metallic/poncy pearly 106 in bubblegum PINK! It was like a 3-D copy of MAX Power.

I then saw someone coming out to it later on. Surely a girly's car I thought... (green L plates on it's pink bodykit).... nope... it was a bloke. Jeezus.

I'll chase St Andrews Honda up bout the fobs. Thanks for that Iain!

Quick Reply: Scottish Micro-Meet