UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Scary driving

Old 05-30-2003, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scary driving

I'm driving home on the A68 in Northumberland which is a nice sweeping single carriageway. There's some slow moving traffic ahead and everyone is kind of bunched up to the point where there really is no point overtaking until one of the major straights. I can see in my rearview a blue 306 doing some pretty ridiculous overtaking manouvres and he's getting close to me. He overtakes the car behind me on a really tight twisty section of road with complete blind corners and takes about 1/4 mile to get past him, instead of then pulling in he continues to overtake me on the same piece of blind road. Now unlike the guy behind me I want this 306 out of my way as soon as possible so decide to brake as hard as I can without causing an accident (the guy behind almost runs into the back of me), so that this tw4t can get back onto the right side of the road. He just continues on up the line of traffic still on the wrong side of the road, I slow right up as I can see there is going to be a major accident ahead if this carries on - there only hasn't been so far by luck. He almost causes 3 accidents in front of me that I can see, missing cars by millimetres - and this is a pretty fast road at the best of times.

What a complete arsehole. There were 2 youngish guys in the car not obviously be chased by the police so why put so many lives at risk? :|
Old 05-30-2003, 05:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ahh mate, but you said it....they were in a 306. One of the most renowned performance cars our our current generation.

You had bit off more that you can chew even contemplating such a beast of a vehicle.

When they are finally maimed, lets hope no one else gets dragged in.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:30 AM

I am sure they'll give a f*ck if they get GATSO'd
Old 05-30-2003, 07:48 AM
Banned

Sensible driving on your part

Some motorist have been known to speed up to keep thickos like these on the wrong side of the road. An even worse idea.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:10 AM

It's pretty scary having a car sit on the wrong side of the road round blind bends, and you're just waiting for another car to come round the corner. If it happens you know it's going to be a head on at about 70mph + 70mph, there just won't be time for either car to brake. Even when you're out of danger it's still pretty unpleasant watching it going on ahead of you, waiting for the crash.

I really should have got his reg and reported it to the police.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Always better to have this sort of driver in front of you than behind you IMHO.

Old 05-30-2003, 12:46 PM

I had the same experience with a Beemer on the way to Whitby last weekend....he was mad. Just let him go past and enjoy the ride...its the only way
Old 05-31-2003, 07:25 AM

Been there too, also with a beemer. I let the eejit past and then thought I'd see if I could keep up with him while driving to the road craft book (but not necessarily the posted limits )

It was absolutely no problem! I wasn't even running the car to the limiter. The t0$$er was endangering his passenger and other drivers just because he couldn't be arsed to hang back a bit, read the road ahead and anticipate overtaking opportunities.

What a w4nker!!!
Old 05-31-2003, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It ain't just kids who drive like this though. I've just returned from a week in the Highlands (as it was with the family, it was in the Multipla, not the S alas) and witnessed the most shocking piece of driving I've ever seen... TDi Sharan overtakes two cars behind me, myself and then three others in front. This is a relatively clear piece of road and the tosser can SEE WHAT"S COPMING! Some poor women coming the other way is forced into the verge so the ass-hole can just scrape through. I reckon there would have been a closing-speed head-on collision of maybe 90-100mph.

This ass-hole had a Sharan full of kids too.

These f**kers never get what they're due to - some other poor sod ends
up getting maimed or off'ed, while they walk away...
Old 05-31-2003, 11:59 AM

Was that your S I saw in Darras Hall last Saturday morning Mark? Female driving.

Quick Reply: Scary driving