UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2ki.com seal of approval

Old 11-13-2004, 08:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdjohnso,Nov 13 2004, 01:20 PM

CC I'm sorry but your comments on that guy's FS thread, help no-one just makes you appear arrogant and rude.
You can't speak for all as you are only one.

My comments are there to level the playing field. It's ironic you mention ignorance, thats the one trait I was saving people from.

Bottomline, its not right that people log on the site to use it as a forsale board. Other sites I spend time on do not permit it, without a cost to the user.

Anyhow, don`t be sorry, we're all big lads on here.

Old 11-13-2004, 10:58 AM
Al2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I said earlier, the whole point of advertising on here is that you should be able to trust what is being sold, as oppose to buying from any other source.

Some of you are still missing the point IMO .
The issue is not whether a car has been more cared for just because it is being sold by a member to another member, (mdjohnson and StevenM), but that the true condition is more likely to be declared to fellow members.

I would say you would pretty much know what you are buying by speaking to other members!
Old 11-13-2004, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I am a non member I do agree with cars being sold by members or having some control by mods as when I decided I wanted an S I searched for forums and lurked on this one for a while. (I used to use scooby net and generally you get a good idea from other members when a car comes up for sale). I didn't look in the likes of autotrader and just kept and eye on the FS section. When Brian (turtles ) car came up for sale it was clear from comments that he know what he was talking about and the chances are the car would be really good. Obviously it was and is and I own it

Marc
Old 11-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

That's a good point too marc!

It is self policing thanks to everyone who is a regular here
Old 11-13-2004, 11:22 PM

In my clerking role, I've added the car in question to the FS list - while awaiting further instructions.

Stating the obvious, there are two questions here:
a) should a seller be able to waltz in and advertise a car without
having contributed
Old 11-14-2004, 01:31 AM

And has anyone bought a car off here that they were unhappy with? Regardless of who advertised it?

My only problem is when people turn up, don't pay, don't introduce themselves and chuck on an ad with a mobile number so they never even have to visit the site again.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:38 AM

And that leads me to another point. Enthusiast's cars are normally driven hard, meaning more wear on suspension and engine components, regardless of how well the car has been maintained.

I've seen how most of us drive on here, and there are a number of people who I wouldn't buy a car from - not because they are bad drivers, or don't look after their cars, but just because of the amount of wear that their car's are going to have.

Another point to bear in mind is that Honda dealers seem to be happy to take your money for servicing and obviously worn parts. But my dealer was certainly blissfully unaware that my car had a spacer in and wasn't driving right, and they sent me out on shagged rear discs with new pads on. Do we really trust these dealers to tell us when our dampers are worn out (at a cost of
Old 11-14-2004, 02:00 AM

some interesting points

Thanks for keeping the thread discussion, not argument ,based-we can get things sorted if we try
Old 11-14-2004, 02:35 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Moggy
Old 11-14-2004, 04:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RichUK,Nov 13 2004, 09:30 AM
Why not make non members pay $20 to join?

It's cheaper than an autotrader ad and puts something backinto the community.
That doesn't actually prevent anyone with no history posting on FS is just means it costs them $20!

I like Moggy's idea but at the end of the day the onus is on the buyer to satisfy themselves all is in order!

Quick Reply: S2ki.com seal of approval