UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

s2k power delivery

Old 04-07-2012, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2k power delivery

Having driven my newly acquired s2k for a few weeks now, having read up loads on them before trying and eventually buying one, I have to say I don't really get the 'all or nothing' comments in terms of the power delivery that kept on cropping up. I'd be interested to know what everyone elses thoughts are on this, as although the engine note definitely changes I wouldnt describe the 6k point as a kick in the back. Its more of a progressive linear increase in power right through the rev range (hopefully this is normal rather than my car?!)

Compared with the itr, where it really is a distinct change-up it seems completely different to me. The dc2 sounded like a complete bag of nails up until the vtec point where it kicked in like a turbo (albeit not a particularly powerful one) and sounded like a totally different car.

Is the linear power delivery normal for the s2k?
Old 04-07-2012, 08:34 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It depends on which MYxx S2000 you have.

I believe the earlier models had a more pronounced kick, compared to the later models.

HTH
Bharat
Old 04-07-2012, 10:09 AM

I used to own a ITR and I fully agree the Breve change over is very different, I had to double check when I purchased mine too. I will say that changing to a k&n and a after mark exhauste well and truly brings back a ITR level change over.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Make sure your oil level is good and i used to notice a huge difference if i was not using 99oct on my01
Old 04-07-2012, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by ChilledBud
I used to own a ITR and I fully agree the Breve change over is very different, I had to double check when I purchased mine too. I will say that changing to a k&n and a after mark exhauste well and truly brings back a ITR level change over.
Definitely, after putting on breathing mods, the changeover is much more pronounced, kick in the back type stuff.

Here is a stock dyno chart of the S2k. The power delivery gets a bit of a spike, but I think what is interesting is the torque curve is pretty flat...

Old 04-07-2012, 10:50 AM

I've been running it on higher octane mostly apart from the last fill up as my local shell garage has run out of vpower. And I've been religiously checking the oil. Interesting about the breathing mods..I was planning on keeping it standard. I thought that the general consensus was it didn't really make much difference?
Old 04-07-2012, 10:57 AM

Maybe because you can hear it more it is like a placebo effect, but I think if you change the intake and do a full tuned exhaust front to back and remove the cat, it definitely releases some power...even more if you tune it on a programmable piggyback ECU as well. Which is what I am going to do in the summer.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This is mine with a Fujita F5 CAI, DMS Manifold, DMS Decat and DMS 65R exhaust.

The kick is nice and sharp.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by kim-s2k
This is mine with a Fujita F5 CAI, DMS Manifold, DMS Decat and DMS 65R exhaust.

The kick is nice and sharp.

Is that normal power levels for flywheel for a prefacelift?
Old 04-08-2012, 01:21 AM

I Think that is power at the wheels. Flywheel @ standard is around 237.

Quick Reply: s2k power delivery