UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000s from Belgium

Old 06-27-2002, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000s from Belgium

WARNING - RANT IMMINENT!

ACC have finally received a fax from Honda Belgium informing them that the wait for the S2000 is now in excess of 6 months. As I ordered it on 21 January 2002, by their somewhat wonky calculations, they foresee that my car is due for delivery in bloody August.

Unsurprisingly, I am really, really hacked off with Honda on this. No real reason has been given other than "some problems in delivery have occured."

Has anyone ordering from Belgium had similar problems or am I getting the run-around? I am getting pretty suspicious about ACC as the fax from Belgium was dated 4 April 2002 yet supposedly arrived yesterday. When queried, the broker thought that they had simply forgot to change the date. Hmmm.

So, grit my teeth and bear it? If so, should I try and get them to pay for the rear spoiler as compensation, rather than a car cover?

Or, bin the order and buy a second-hand one locally?

Sorry to moan for the millionth time, but this is getting very frustrating as the weather is beautiful over here and I'm not getting the smiles per mile in the Saxo, knowing that I have a top sportscar on order.

Yours in a huff

Ben
Old 06-27-2002, 03:34 AM

Why not look at the alternatives?

I know nothing about ACC, but if you're feeling suspicious then it wouldn't hurt to check out the competition.

I've read some very good comments on here about Hondas UK and to that end I've just checked their website (www.hondasuk.co.uk ) and while they don't have any in stock currently, they've got stuff on order.

If the guy is even half as good as the people on the board have mentioned, it might just be worth a quick chat on the phone to him - test the water, vent your spleen to someone 'in the know' and see what comes of it?

Just a thought!

Alex.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you're probably being given the run around, Ben.

I emailed Verhagen in Rotterdam in mid-March asking about buying a silver/black. Ferry (their sales manager/director) told me he had ordered one on spec on Feb 17th and I could have that one. He said it was scheduled for July delivery. I placed my order and paid my deposit and, yesterday, the car's ETD was confirmed by Honda as week 29 (15th/19th July).

Other member sof this board have also had straight dealings with him I know. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Pete
Old 06-27-2002, 03:52 AM

Originally posted by alex.stanley
I've read some very good comments on here about Hondas UK and to that end I've just checked their website (www.hondasuk.co.uk ) and while they don't have any in stock currently, they've got stuff on order.
I had my car on order from Hondas UK originally. I cancelled it when I was offered a better deal on a used S. This then fell through, so I got back in touch with Nick at Hondas UK to see whether my original order was still unallocated.

It had been re-allocated, but he told me he could offer me a black with black/red interior for delivery 3rd or 4th week in July (which had been confirmed by the dealer). This was beginning of last week, so it might not still be available, but it couldn't hurt to give him a call or drop him an e-mail.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:05 AM

Hi Ben,

It may not be a run around unfortunately
I have just got off the blower to Nick at Hondas UK and he has confirmed that all his orders from Belgium are delayed.

Luckily, my car was ordered from a dealer in Holland, which he tells me is still on schedule for a July delivery.

Sorry to hear about your further delays, hang on in there. You KNOW you should wait. Be patient, it will be worth it in the end.

Chris.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:05 AM

hmmmm - I have fired off a fax to Honda Belgium asking them to explain why they reckon August not July. It could all be legitimate problems, but I am not a happy bunny about this.

Can I still get VAT knocked off one ordered through Hondas UK?

Ben
Old 06-27-2002, 04:08 AM

Hi Ben,

Thaks for the heads up on this

I have just emailed Antwerp Autos in Belgium which is where my S2K is coming from. I paid my deposit to them on the 8th May and they estimated delivery was 16 - 20 Weeks (But that was then). That would mean a delivery date of 28 Aug - 25 Sept... I have asked them if they can give me a confirmed delivery date (and asked him to confirm that they have ordered the hardtop and stand for the car). I will let you know what they say...if I get a response

At the moment I am praying to the God of exchange rates to make the EUR worth less than a pigs bladder, then I can pin my rate with HIFX (I wish I had done that when the exchange rate was 1.68!!!!).

Regards

John
Old 06-27-2002, 04:09 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BenHampton
[B]hmmmm - I have fired off a fax to Honda Belgium asking them to explain why they reckon August not July.
Old 06-27-2002, 04:30 AM

I was told a couple of weeks ago buy Virgin that my S2000 would be delayed. Instead of arriving in July it has been delayed until September. I presume that my car therefore is coming from a dealer in Belgium.

Nothing I can do as Virgin won't let me cancel the order without losing my
Old 06-27-2002, 05:11 AM

Hi Ben,

I take it you're talking about ACC (Access Car Consultants) based in Wimbledon.

I ordered my S from this company back in December. They quoted me 16-20 weeks delivery, and to be fair to them, they upheld their part of the bargain in that respect when I picked up the car on 31st May (which put it about 2 weeks over - but hey, I had my car and I was a happy bunny)

However, I found that their levels of customer service were extremely poor (incidentally - my wife is also currently in the process of importing a Megane Conv. through EAC Direct - and they haven't got a clue how to treat their customers either).

They never phoned me when they said they were going to (ditto EAC), I had to constantly bombard them with phone calls trying to get any news and generally apply lots of pressure in that respect.

The worst thing, is that I am currently in the process of starting litigation against them for breach of contract. My original contract I signed with them stated that the car was to full UK 2002 spec. and had an exhaustive equipment list including a category 1 alarm (which I expected to have, as it is part of the standard UK spec).

The car did not arrive with one, and when I pointed out that they ought to fit one for me at no cost, they flatly refused - instead offering to fit one for me at an extra

Quick Reply: S2000s from Belgium