UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The S2000 story continues

Old 11-07-2005, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The S2000 story continues

Got the S2000 back from Springfield's accident repair centre (used by Springfield Honda Newcastle) upon inspection outside of the body shop everything appeard spot on apart from a slight, and I mean very slight colour difference in the bumper compared to the body. I've not been able to notice the colour difference during the day, nor have I been able to notice it under normal street lighting, I think it may have been due to the halogen lightint from inside the body shop shining out, I hope. Anyway, I drive around the corner and fill up at the petrol station only to notice (as stated in my previous thread) a small bit of plastic missing where the bumper joins the read body panel, near the corner of the light. I take it back to the body shop only to be told that they are not able to get another bumper from Honda, but instead they've taken my S2000 off me again for 2 days whilst they remove the bumper, fill out the missing part of the bumper and spray the small area which happens to be no bigger than a match stick. I just hope I get it back and it's still roughly the same colour as the car!

I've also got a small niggle with the fitters at the dealership, ever since I bought the S2000 (brand new) I'd noticed a small crease in the leather on the drivers inner door car, this has been replaced by Honda UK (thank you for the prompt service) however when the ass clowns at Springfield fitted the new door card they 1) forgot to push all the pins back in thus leaving the door card hanging off near the hinge, this took me all of 5 seconds to fix 2) hadn't even screwed the f**king door handle onto the door, so when you get in it to close the door and pull, the entire door car bends as you're pulling it rather than the door

Now given that I'm a software developer (not a mechanic) and I managed to fit and align the door card outside of my flat last night using a small screw driver and a torch, and they're mechanics and fitters YET they were unable to do this using their training and expensive tools and heated workshop. Can I suggest that we carry out a career swap for a week, I'm sure I'll be able to do a far better job than you.

I would just like to say thank you to Stevie Wonder of Springfield Honda Newcastle, you did a f**king great job in fitting my new door card, much appreciated. P.S. I thought your last single was quite good.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:55 PM

Forgot to say that due to the level of abuse I gave the Peugeot 1007 that I was given last time they've decided to give me ......

1.2.l
5 door
55 reg
Honda
Jazz

It's bright f**king yellow and has ACCIDENT REPAIR CAR written down the side of it, at least people won't think it's mine!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:53 AM

The joke of it is they charge
Old 11-08-2005, 01:29 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Is this the same Springfield Honda that even I've heard of in Hertford, because they are so incompetent?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:08 AM

the honda jazz had 11 miles on it when I got it, it's now got 35 and I've raped it to the limiter for the entire 25 miles. It's faster than the Pug 1007 that I had last week and that was a 1.6 FFS!
Old 11-08-2005, 04:16 AM

Forgot to mention that the honda mechanic upon bringing my car back from behind the dealership drove into a parking space and just kept on going, the front bumper mounted the kerb and scraped along it and he didn't stop until the wheels hit the kerb and the car bounced back!

I asked him if he was aware of what type of car he had just parked and he replied with ..

"erm ,yer, it's an S2000"

My smart arse reply was

"erm, yer, it's also about 5 foot longer than you think it is !"
Old 11-08-2005, 04:24 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Am i the only Springfield user who gets decent service?

Take the car back and get a new bumper, at springfields cost... They went through 5 boot lids before i was satisfied and as it took a long time to get it all sorted i got my washer jets color coded, a scuff in the rear number surround all sorted and resprayed and a couple of stone chips filled all at their cost.

As for service i use the Durham branch and have had no problems, the Service manager is the only one who drives my car, the head mechanic is the only one who works on the car and give me the option to watch them work on it if i want.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:12 AM

Received 649 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by ade73,Nov 8 2005, 01:24 PM
Am i the only Springfield user who gets decent service?

Take the car back and get a new bumper, at springfields cost... They went through 5 boot lids before i was satisfied and as it took a long time to get it all sorted
that doesnt strike me as good service right FIRST time would be good service. What I don't want is hassle when i take my car in for some work I want it DONE, to their schedule, their timescale and their quoted price..

too much to ask? apparently

friggin useless
Old 11-08-2005, 07:32 AM

S11

I hate to say I told you so, but...

Sorry you're having so much trouble, do you want the number of the Carlisle dealers I now use?

Did I tell you the about the time they fixed a fault on my Accord which was losing oil out of the auto box? When I picked it up I asked them if they'd filled the oil back up as they'd replaced the sump. I was met with the reply "No, we didn't know you wanted us to"

Seriously S11, once this is sorted, never let them near your car again.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:33 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2,Nov 8 2005, 03:12 PM
that doesnt strike me as good service right FIRST time would be good service.
Honda sent damaged bootlids, Springfield had me inspect them before they went ahead with the warranty work.

Quick Reply: The S2000 story continues