UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000 Road Tax to increase to

Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fletch' date='Mar 22 2007, 06:07 PM
Better to invest all that time and money in developing warp technology
Mind you Fletch, from your earlier comments you would never believe a scientist who claimed to have developed thw warp drive anyhow

Or would you, as its of positive benefit to you?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m1bjr' date='Mar 22 2007, 06:26 PM
Mind you Fletch, from your earlier comments you would never believe a scientist who claimed to have developed thw warp drive anyhow

Or would you, as its of positive benefit to you?
Surely said scientist would be able to demonstrate his working proof.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Type R' date='Mar 22 2007, 05:35 PM
Petrol tax is a trickle cost. IMHO, people are more likely to change their habits when they see the charge as a single annual cost then a couple of extra quid every time they full up.
In our economy, overtaxing fuel has a huge negative impact as some 70% of our consumables are moved around the country by road.
The transport sector is already struggling which I suggest is why the impact on diesel fuel has been minimised at present....
Old 03-22-2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Type R' date='Mar 22 2007, 06:28 PM
Perhaps, but if you had invented warp travel, would you want the worlds dickheads following you into your brave new world?

"The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style? "
S2000 anyone?
Old 03-22-2007, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by m1bjr' date='Mar 22 2007, 06:29 PM
In our economy, overtaxing fuel has a huge negative impact as some 70% of our consumables are moved around the country by road.
The transport sector is already struggling which I suggest is why the impact on diesel fuel has been minimised at present....
Ignoring the initial impact on inflation, perhaps increasing the cost of moving items around isn't such a bad thing.

It might result in produce being sourced from local farmers, manufactured goods being produced in the UK, etc. It always amazes me when I read the Country Of Origin labels in the supermarket fruit & veg how far stuff travels to be consumed in the UK market.

Why do we need to source beans from Kenya, Sweetcorn from South Africa, butternut from Israel, lamb from New Zealand
Old 03-22-2007, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by m1bjr' date='Mar 22 2007, 06:32 PM
"The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style? "
S2000 anyone?
"Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me you built a time machine... out of an S2000?"

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit"

Old 03-22-2007, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by m1bjr' date='Mar 22 2007, 06:32 PM
Perhaps, but if you had invented warp travel, would you want the worlds dickheads following you into your brave new world?
There's a very good point

Well... They are working on it.
Just need to work harder if you ask me.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/antimatter.htm

Mind you. Labour would probably start taxing Antimatter then.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:27 PM

Hmmm time to chuck in a bit then leg it........

I work for a utility company and so am very close to the Global Warming/Carbon Issue. I don't deny it exists - however I do believe it is inevitable - the earth goes through changes and cycle naturally. We may be speeding it up but it will happen anyway.

The UK is on its soapbox as usual trying to demonstrate what we should do to the world whilst developing countries rack up their pollution rates and ignore it (and why shouldnt they? - we had our time)

90% of it is related to tax and population control - Its the new terror - The new cold war! Want to REALLY help? Then forget our piddling 2% contribution to it and help China and the like to cut down on emmissions - Invest in them................No? Didn't think so!

What I for one and ******ed of with is the Government, their attitude, spending and lying.

Want to see Irony??

Where does a massive proportion of our taxes actually get spent currently?

To fund a war/wars in the Middle East to secure supplies of natural resources which is what is allegedly causing the problem in the first place!!!!

Go figure guys.....
Old 03-23-2007, 02:04 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Type R' date='Mar 22 2007, 06:28 PM
may be said scientist already has by shooting kenedy and killing diana

Checked my V5 last night. Car was registered 1st april 2006. Bollocks.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by m1bjr' date='Mar 22 2007, 06:59 AM
Please qualify this generalisation, as you obviously know better than the worlds scientists.

There is a lot of ignorance, arrogance and misunderstanding in this thread.
Its a sad day when a little tax increase is more important to the people of this world than the world itself.

Essentially, most people are saying its someone elses fault, as usual.
No-one is saying it's someone elses fault. We're all just saying that it's most probably in the most part natural and inevitable. So get off your soap boxes and go and find something else to believe in that can make you think you're in control of your destiny.

Quick Reply: S2000 Road Tax to increase to