UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000 Not Being Quoted by Chris Knott!

Old 08-23-2010, 11:29 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by r8byb,Aug 23 2010, 04:52 PM
Christ Knott are shocking they basically only insure safe cars as such and it doesn't stop there.

On the CTRO they advertise but won't insure anyone under 25. On corsasport they won't even insure people with 1.6 sports who are 21 - 22 because they class the as high risk.
Chris Knott chosing not to insure high risk drivers? What a shock! Who wants high risk?

When i was under 24 i couldn't afford to insure anything more exciting than a Nova 1.3 SR.

But nowadays people seem happy to pay in excess of £1k per year. Nuts.

£450 per year for me fully comp with CK.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:38 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lower,Aug 23 2010, 11:29 AM
Chris Knott chosing not to insure high risk drivers? What a shock! Who wants high risk?

When i was under 24 i couldn't afford to insure anything more exciting than a Nova 1.3 SR.

But nowadays people seem happy to pay in excess of £1k per year. Nuts.

£450 per year for me fully comp with CK.
Me to but I had a Nova 1.6 GSI

Since I have been 18 I have only had 4 insurance brokers. Greenlight and Adrian flux for my 3 Novas ( yes im cringing but I loved them all!!!) and MR2 turbo. Then Admiral and CK for both of my S'

Im paying just over £450 fully comp with CK and I hope to keep my business with them but if the premium is too excessive I will have to leave.... but only once Iv secured another broker.

If you leave I guess you wont be allowed back in the club?
Old 08-23-2010, 11:47 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Snap in that i also had 3 Novas and then also had a MR2 turbo.

I lusted over the Nova GTE and GSI in those days.

How things change
Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lower,Aug 23 2010, 11:47 AM
Snap in that i also had 3 Novas and then also had a MR2 turbo.

I lusted over the Nova GTE and GSI in those days.

How things change
Off topic, click on region 3 cars, mine was the 4th down before I had my speedlines and other bits. But I had the astra GTE dash, very S2k!!!

http://www.novalution.co.uk/

Oh to be 10 years younger

Sorry back on topic
Old 08-23-2010, 12:44 PM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

CK are maybe now just the same as many who will only insure safe bets, thier list of underwriters and insurance companies who they deal with is the problem. CK are only brokers arent they.

I just got a quote from SAGA LOL £343, age does have its benefits.

And just recieved my renewal from Lifesure(a broker) £364 with Groupma, so will beat them up tomorrow and see if they want my business still.

I have found that the likes of Admiral, More Than, Churchill and others would not even quote in the past, so maybe CK are going down the same route. Oh had a quote from AF and they were to expensive and have been virtually every year i have tried them
Old 08-23-2010, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I left Chris Knott after year one as I saw this coming - was happy enough with the service (£600 it was for me) but the renewal premium was about 5% more expensive.

So I went to A-Plan for £550 the following year, who were w**k.

I'm now with Sky and have no quibbles thus far (£500).

It's a shame that they won't entertain new S2000 business, as it was the Chris Knott quote I received when looking for an S which assured me it was financially a sound decision to buy the car. They are also part of what I consider to be the 'golden trilogy' of brokers (all mentioned above) who have an open file for the S for those in the 25-35 bracket, and it is this competition that obviously helps to keep their premiums low. Without CK in the game I fear that A-Plan and Sky will now be under less pressure to remain as competitive as they are.

But the economics is simple - if they are losing money, they are under no obligation to keep the file perpetually open.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

However you look at it,
And whoever you blame,
It's a nonsense amount to pay for a Jap roadster.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:57 PM

CK are on the 350z club and will only insure drivers over 25 who have had at least 18 months experience in the vehicle or something similiar.

i don't think thats a bad thing, if the customers they do have they look after and give good rates for. why should a long term safe driver have to pay more because their insurer also covers 18 year old gary in his 1.6 litre turbo death passion wagon with no experience other than gran turisimo as a fast car guide.

i'm hoping as more spotty teenagers buy them and wipe them out that they push the price and exculsivity back up.

i've only really used AF or admiral and flit between the 2 as they usually have the lowest premiums. CK have been good, but admiral always match on the ring back.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:16 PM

Went for a quote from CK this year for a multicar policy, and wouldn't touch my Merc CLS cause it had a value of more than £35k.....told me to come back next year, no point now looks like Admiral again.

RR
Old 08-23-2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by integra_man,Aug 23 2010, 10:16 PM
But the economics is simple - if they are losing money, they are under no obligation to keep the file perpetually open.
On the one hand I understand.

On the other, well other insurers insure S2000s and make a profit. What are CK doing wrong if they can't? Picking the wrong drivers? inefficient claims management? too cheap? and so on.

Quick Reply: S2000 Not Being Quoted by Chris Knott!