UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000 in Hollyoaks

Old 10-09-2003, 02:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by AlexC
.....you'd want to make sure you didn't end up with the job of "fluffer", who had to "prepare" the male actors for their "action" scenes
Indeed not, however, this is yet another profession my careers officer omitted to mention to me........I like to have all options laid infront of me before I choose
Old 10-09-2003, 06:41 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Wear an S2ki hat, fleece, tshirt etc, and put the sticker loud and proud on your car!
Old 10-09-2003, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reds are obviously being used as Silvers are too fast for the cameras.

:saidinjealousmannercossowouldlovetobethere:

As its TV and you wouldn't want your own no. plate on screen how about getting

S2KI as a temporary plate made up?
Old 10-09-2003, 10:02 AM

I was thinking about the number plate today actually, but thought I should really make sure it is in full view of the camera so that if any young ladies spot me with the car they will hopefully recognise the plate and car and say something like, "Aren't you the guy off Hollyoaks?", and I'll be in.

(Then the alarm clock will go off and I'll wake up.............)
Old 10-09-2003, 11:07 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

She`s got a `brazil` in that pic, if you look well close.

Man she`s so fit!
Old 10-09-2003, 11:07 PM

Originally posted by rralston
Couldn't resist !

http://soapstarbonanza.com/Elize_du_Toit/s...mage=edt-04.jpg

Hubba hubba hubba !!
Great site Rich

Here are some more of the Hollyoaks gals for everyone's delectation, + a gratuitous Buffy/Angel cast member

Have a good Friday everyone
Old 10-10-2003, 12:02 AM

Crickey !! I'm going to start watching that programme ...
Old 10-10-2003, 01:21 AM

Bloody 'ell - must try that link again !
Old 10-10-2003, 01:25 AM

Mmmmmmmmm Charisma Carpenter. The birds off Hollyoaks aren't bad either.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:58 AM

Well, I made it back!

Have to say it wasn't a bad day out, albeit a long one! Wasn't quite what I was expecting though. I was under the impression we'd be doing a spot of driving and chatting in the background as we would if we were at a car meet. However, the directors had other plans! It seems there was a misunderstanding between the directors and casting. What they were actually after were people to come along and hoon about doing donuts and wheel-spins etc.

At first we were a little apprehensive as nothing was mentioned about this prior (not that it was the directors fault) and he was a little pi$$ed off. We mentioned about getting some oil and chucking that down to save tyre wear and also use a smoke machine. After a lot of humming and harring and a gentle nudge from my companion I thought what the hell, I'd gone all that way I may as well have a laugh. It was for TV after all! I offered to do some (it turned out to be a lot) of donuts and general skidding about.

There were 6 of us in total who went along so myself and one other chap in his Teg went up one end of the carpark to get round for our bit of ar$ing about and the other 4 made their way to the other end of the carpark to be in the background for the shooting of the first part of the scene. Once they did their bit, it was mine and the other chaps turn to do our bit. Unfortunately for him (Ben in his Teg) there wasn't sufficient room for both of us to skid about due to the lens on the camera so I was lucky enough to be selected to waltz about the carpark.

We had a couple of trial runs and the amount of space to work with was tiny! On the 4th(!) take it was all deemed ok and suitable for airing. One take was my fault for making too much noise. My tyres were screeching so bad it was drowning out the dialogue and basically I clouded out the cast with a big cloud of tyre smoke. They actually asked me if I could do some quite donuts. I just limited the amount I did in the end.

I looked back after I'd finished and there were stacks of rubber rings all over the place.

I spoke to the director this morning and they are going to try and sort out putting some money towards a fresh set of rears so that is pretty cool.

During the shooting we also got to chat to Izzy, Ben and Dan (don't know all their real names) which was cool. They're completely down to earth normal people and were more interested in us than talking about them. Have to say Izzy did look lush, not quite as good as my calendar picture, but stunning none-the-less.

The episode will be aired on the 3rd December and reshown on the 7th December.

Look out for an S2000 going round in circles creating a lot of noise and smoke.

-Mike

Quick Reply: S2000 in Hollyoaks