UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000 handles like a dog

Old 01-24-2002, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These "Mine's bigger than yours" threads are so bloody juvenile and tiresome. I haven't read the whole of that TT thread but I must say it was perfectly reasonable and even complimentary to the Civic until Mark CTR went steaming in with his inflammatory bullshit. What do you expect?
Old 01-24-2002, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey "handling like a dog" is a compliment. Have you ever seen a dog take a corner. My border collie can out handle any car on the road (just don't run over her).
Old 01-24-2002, 10:33 AM

Originally posted by ukliam
http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/boards/ttoc/3114.shtml

"I tried the S2000 and again you need to rev it really hard all the time to make quick progress. It's quite tiring on the road whereas the TT225 is very smooth and almost relaxing in comparison when making the same progress."

"Take the S2000...they had a great concept there (looks awesome) but handles like a dog and I've seen 10 year old taxi cabs with more stimulating interior design."

"the S2000 has little or no adjustment on the steering wheel and not much in the seat either"
HAHAHAHAHA....oohh man, please stop, my sides are going to burst, I am just about rolling on the floor. My boss is going to start wondering what's happening over here.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:40 AM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
These "Mine's bigger than yours" threads are so bloody juvenile and tiresome. I haven't read the whole of that TT thread but I must say it was perfectly reasonable and even complimentary to the Civic until Mark CTR went steaming in with his inflammatory bullshit. What do you expect?

I agree with you totally on that one. I wasn't even going to bother wasting my time registering on that site just to put my views across but just found the statement amusing.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:14 PM

handles like a dog
Mine's just like a dog:

1. it takes corners like a greyhound

2. gives me unconditional love

3. barks wildly when excited

4. chases after Jaguars, Panthers, Cougars (too easy) and others

5. loves to be part of a pack (HSCC club runs)

Thankfully, it doesn't head for the nearest tree or lamp post!
Old 01-24-2002, 11:21 PM

Originally posted by Graham Munro
has anyone had problems with the stock wheels, mine are pitting on the leading edge of spoke. In truth they are crapp ! honda have asked for aphoto, seems to me they must have more photos of wheels than enough!!
Hi Graham; welcome to the board

I had all four of my wheels replaced on Wednesday. Pitting and bubbling on the leading edge of the spokes on all wheels (worse on the fronts). The area affected on each spoke is at the "back" of the spoke along the sharp edge.

I didn't have to send any photos to Honda. I told the dealer about the problem over the phone. They phoned Honda to see if it was a warranty job. They then asked me to drive it up for inspection by the dealer. Within a week I had the new wheels fitted.

My car was first registered March 2000

HTH

Pete

PS.
Fancy joining us in Mid-Wales in the Spring? I did Boston to Shrewsbury in 2hours 20 mins last Saturday, so it's not too far!
Old 01-24-2002, 11:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson
[B]These "Mine's bigger than yours" threads are so bloody juvenile and tiresome.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:12 AM

Originally posted by ianl
I (like many S2000 owners I suspect) looked at the TT prior to settling on the S2000. I personally think the coupe is a great looking car, it is beautifully put together using some very nice materials. However, for me, driving the car was a very numbing experience. So not a car for me, I like the raw edge of the S2000. I can fully understand that it is not a car that everyone can live with. Whicj is something else I like about the S2000
I had one on trial for an afternoon. I thought it lacked character and had a noisy but unexciting engine sound. The interior was novel for the first five minutes but after two hours was right "in my face" (I found my eyes being drawn to that big aluminium circle in the steering wheel boss all the time). The coupe is cool looking from the outside, but the roadster looks wierd (too high sided). Held the road well though!

Another reason I didn't buy it was I reversed it into a lamp post - true

Pete
Old 01-25-2002, 12:40 AM

I wrote this a while ago, whilst deciding between a TT and S2000:

"I have extensively test driven the TT225 against the S2000 for the past few months (apologies to all the Dealers I have strung along!) and I based my decision around long term appeal.

The TT IS a beautiful car and the interior is far superior to the Honda. It's also fast!

But.....would it keep my attention for the next three years (I usually buy my cars on PCP deals)?

I remember coming back from the respective dealers thinking:

- TT - hmm, nice car, looks good, quite quick

- S2000 - F**K ME, I HAVE TO GET ONE!!!!!!

I also did the Jonathan Palmer Sensation day up in Bedford. I drove the two cars back to back on the track:

- TT - smooooooth, fast, no drama (not much excitement)

- S2000 - F**K ME, I HAVE TO GET ONE!!!!!!

So, I reckon I won't get bored AND there is much more to learn about driving the S2000 fast!

It's about discovering depth of character (S2000) v. image (TT). "

I've now got the S2000 after waiting six months and I still think the above!
Old 01-25-2002, 12:53 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]Hi Graham; welcome to the board

Quick Reply: S2000 handles like a dog