UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000 engined project nutter.

Old 12-01-2001, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 engined project nutter.

Hello all,

I'm a bit of a S2000 fan and i've been lurking around for a while! Unfortunately I own (well my wife owns) a SLK. We had a bet... who could find the right car first... I was looking for a S2000 and she was looking for a SLK! She had already found a SLK before we did the bet! Dam.

Anyway to the point.... After a drunken Chinese meal discussing our ideal chassis / engine combination a friend and I have built a car. It consists of a Westfied with a S2000 engine and gearbox. It's going to a rolling road next week to be tuned up (running VERY rich at the moment) but we'll be taking it on it's first outing next Saturday (8th December) and i thought some of you might be interested in seeing it! (Sounds like an excuse for a mini meet!)

It may only last 100 yards (i have money on the rear diff exploding) but i thought you'd like to know and it would be handy having a REAL S2000 around so we can see how wrong we got the coolant plumbing

We'll be at Elvington air field in York next Saturday if anybody is interested. I'm hoping to get some pictures too.

Cheers

Andy
Old 12-01-2001, 04:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An s2000 engine and gearbox in a Westy?? LOL best of luck with it! I suspect you might have to invest in a 'beefed up' diff! I take it the engine and gearbox have come from a donor car?? If it all works and I don't see why it shouldn't, you're going to have a serious road rocket. Any ideas on likely 0-60 times?

One of my neighbours BTW bought a Robin Hood kit car about 3 years ago. He's got a beautifully recond engine from a 2.2 Sierra and all the other donor bits. He just about got it to the rolling chassis stage and lost all interest. It's just lying in his garage going nowhere! It's supposed to be one of the easier kit cars to build as well. It's a crying shame it's got an aluminium body, nice ally wheels.
Old 12-02-2001, 05:01 AM

Blimey - sounds like it will shift.

Thanks for the invite - bit too far and too much on down south though.

Good luck
Old 12-02-2001, 09:05 AM

Good Luck!!!!,

totally pissed off though as I only live in Warrington, unfortunately I'm off to spend the week with Mickey Mouse in Paris as its my daughters 5th birthday on the 9th.

With that sort of setup you should be achieving Megabusa, R500 type performance. There was a company (spanish I think) who were selling L7 type cars witht the F20C but they were approx 30K. I'm sure someone will keep us posted on the exact company.

Keep us posted with the results ans once again good luck, Im sure youll have tons of fun.

Jason
Old 12-02-2001, 09:56 AM

Good luck Andy, sounds like an interesting and exciting project.
Look forward to hearing how it's going as it progresses.
Old 12-02-2001, 10:42 AM

Thanks for the replies and words of encouragement... I'll try and get some piccies / video on Saturday.

We got the cooling system doing its job over the weekend so it's the rolling road on Thursday and then the airfield on Saturday

Fancy starting a sweepstake on the life of the diff? (although it's the same diff as a Cosworth so it might be ok)

Andy
Old 12-02-2001, 12:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by UKjasonm
There was a company (spanish I think) who were selling L7 type cars witht the F20C but they were approx 30K. I'm sure someone will keep us posted on the exact company.
Omatic

Book-a-track are buying some for hiring out next year

-Brian.
Old 12-05-2001, 03:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BaronToner
[B]Hello all,

I'm a bit of a S2000 fan and i've been lurking around for a while!
Old 12-05-2001, 04:05 AM

Good luck with the nutter Andy. I take it, it'll be accompanying you to several BaT events assuming it survives its induction weekend.

I'd certainly love to see it, or failing that, pics and video.

I keep dreaming of putting S2K engine/gearbox/running gear in my shed. Can't see funds (or common sense) allowing it though.
Old 12-05-2001, 06:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by vteclimey
I keep dreaming of putting S2K engine/gearbox/running gear in my shed. Can't see funds (or common sense) allowing it though.
Remind me to post guards on my car next meet! I'd have thought you can scalp enough cars in the Civic already!

-Brian.

Quick Reply: S2000 engined project nutter.