UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

The S reputation finally bit

Old 09-21-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The S reputation finally bit

Well it had to happen sooner or later. The reputation that the S has about being twitchy in the wet has gone and got me at last, I've spun the car.

A bit of what happened, this is a road I have driven daily for the last 5 years its the access road to work there is 2 90 degree bends and the corners have been re tar'd last months so are supper smooth but what happened was they painted the white lines over the weekend and it was raining hard on Wednesday morning I came around the first bend at a moderate speed and then it went, wow did it go fast I've slid the car around before but this was almost violent it went full lock one way then snapped back the other way and I was left as a passenger heading backwards towards the ditch, to say I was crapping myself is an understatement this car is my pride and joy.

The good news, because the road had been re tar'd they also did the verge buy digging out the ditch so the verge was very soft peat and the rear of the car sank straight away and kept me from entering the ditch.

Pics

So let this be lesson to me and any of you new owners out there be carefull even after 3 years it bit me hard
Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 AM

I forgot to add I was seriously luck in I have damaged nothing it went straight in so all I had to do was wash the dirt out from underneath.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:39 AM

Woah that was close , looks a bit of a drop into that ditch, is that your trail of debris across the road
Old 09-21-2012, 10:39 AM

Lucky! Glad it was nothing worse than new underpants time, Richard.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

oooft Rich, I know how you feel bud. Happened to me when I was up in Scotland and a bit of slippery something caught me out on an entry slip road.

I'm glad you and the car are ok - would've been gutted if the situation was the other way especially having all that work done.

Take it easy pal
Old 09-21-2012, 10:59 AM

Glad theres no damage mate, a true shit the bed moment. Its caught me out before but not in such a way, makes you a wee bit more humble to the car in the wet.

Im going to change my pants now because that thread title scarred the **** out of me.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:10 AM

It's that time of the year again. Loads of owners crash their S2000 in autumn, go steady people as you're putting my insurance premium up!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you and the car are OK
Old 09-21-2012, 11:28 AM

Yikes! Pleased that peat was there to stop you!
Old 09-21-2012, 11:34 AM

when i got my s, the first rwd motor i had ever had i was nervous of it as per the posts on here.

it peed it down with rain so i took it out for some serious limit driving. I found it to be responsive and predicatable...

no idea why but it did every thing i asked of it within reason, I also know where limits are before anybody ask's.

Very lucky with the car and the fact you got caught on the ramp

Quick Reply: The S reputation finally bit