UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S pulls one way

Old 08-21-2008, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S pulls one way

Hi,

I have had my S for a couple of months now and love it.

But I noticed last night whilst driving home on the motorway in 6th if I totally lift off the gas the car seems to steer to the left slighly and when I floor it again it seems to pull to the right. What could this be?

Now I could be being paranoid here but after a few days of owning my S I also noticed that when opening her up and chaging quick through the gears the car was doing the same when lifting off to change, now I thought it was just me getting over excited and pulling on the wheel slightly when dipping the clutch but last night confimed it as I wasnt changing gear at the time.

Also I read on a thread on this forum that taking the air box lid off and leaving cone air filter exposed gave more of a throaty sound, all this at the expense of a couple of BHP through heat soak. Would this cause any long term damage?

Thanks for any help in advance.

S
Old 08-21-2008, 11:44 PM

With my limited knowledge I guess you need the geo adjusting.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:49 PM

Have you checked your tyre pressures?
Old 08-21-2008, 11:53 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Almost certainly tyre pressure.

Only takes a few PSI difference in one rear.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:59 PM

Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 AM

Regarding the Airbox lid, yes it can be removed -whether or not you'll like the noise is a matter of personal taste. No need to worry about causing any damage, keep an eye on the air filter cleanliness is all I'd say. You wont really notice the few bhp loss, but you will notice an annoying hum at idle -a bit like a vacuum cleaner.

Personally, I think it makes the car sound like some chavved up Nova, so I keep mine on.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Its the tyre pressures.

The rears will different, one side to the other.

That makes the diff do funny things and hence the car pulls one way and then the other on acceleration and deceleration.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:20 AM

Tyre pressures
Old 08-22-2008, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by STEVE PEARSON,Aug 21 2008, 11:38 PM
Hi,

I have had my S for a couple of months now and love it.

But I noticed last night whilst driving home on the motorway in 6th if I totally lift off the gas the car seems to steer to the left slighly and when I floor it again it seems to pull to the right. What could this be?

Now I could be being paranoid here but after a few days of owning my S I also noticed that when opening her up and chaging quick through the gears the car was doing the same when lifting off to change, now I thought it was just me getting over excited and pulling on the wheel slightly when dipping the clutch but last night confimed it as I wasnt changing gear at the time.

Also I read on a thread on this forum that taking the air box lid off and leaving cone air filter exposed gave more of a throaty sound, all this at the expense of a couple of BHP through heat soak. Would this cause any long term damage?

Thanks for any help in advance.

S
If it bends one way then that means only one thing - you have bought a gay car.

Seriously mine did this and as soon as I checked the pressures, it straightened out no probs. As simple a solution as it sounds, I think the effect is amplified somewhat on RWD cars for some reason.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:35 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I also think it's the tyre pressures.

Anyone else?

Quick Reply: S pulls one way