UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Running Costs

Old 07-21-2004, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with everything said so far. I used to have a Scoob (MY00) and the S is significantly cheaper to run, apart from the fact that you'll take the long twisty way on every journey

Take it easy in the wet until you get used to the car it's no match for an AWD or FWD when the weather is bad.

BTW Read the tech faq (in my sig) before you go any further!
Old 07-21-2004, 02:27 AM

Idle, I wasn't gonna shag my car taking the airbox cover off, but when I went to see what removing it would do, the answer is NOTHING!!

Remove it and enjoy, why there is such a huge lump of plastic I'll never know?!

G
Old 07-21-2004, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gazzer,Jul 21 2004, 11:27 AM
Idle, I wasn't gonna shag my car taking the airbox cover off, but when I went to see what removing it would do, the answer is NOTHING!!

Remove it and enjoy, why there is such a huge lump of plastic I'll never know?!

G
You will lose throttle response and Bhp in hot weather by taking it off. It's worth doing to hear the noise, but mine is now back on and there it will stay
Old 07-21-2004, 02:39 AM

Running costs have been described very well on the boards and the reliability etc is second to none so no real headaches there.

HOWEVER.....

It becomes a car that is notorious for being kept impeccably clean (calling AB!!!) and the amount of money I spend on cleaning products makes Barbara Cartland's make-up bills look mediocre.
Old 07-21-2004, 03:51 AM
hyb

Thanks for the relpies, thats one huge FAQ

I have a 02 WRX in silver at the moment. Quick car, but doesn't feel as nice as the s2000. First few miles I was a bit dissapointed with the power when i went out for a drive in the honda. There was no pushing you back into the chair, and what seemed like little grunt. Then I realised you gotta rev the nuts off it, 7,000rpm and upwards its flipping amazing. Engine sounds like a superbike on full chat

Anyone fancy a scoob?
Old 07-21-2004, 04:13 AM

I sold mine for a good price on www.sidc.co.uk. I didn't get any interest on Scoobynet
Old 07-21-2004, 08:05 AM
Banned

Quality mod lads - my car sounds proper loud I tell the!!
Old 07-21-2004, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by neil_s2k,Jul 21 2004, 10:34 AM
You will lose throttle response and Bhp in hot weather by taking it off. It's worth doing to hear the noise, but mine is now back on and there it will stay
Get yourself a PRM. Sounds much better than with the box off, looks much better and no loss of BHP (well almost!)
Old 07-21-2004, 08:38 AM
Banned

Ok I will - where from and how much are the only questions I have
Old 07-21-2004, 10:44 AM

The Impreza is a very good everyday car, it's fast, has plenty of space and predictable handing. But I never really enjoyed mine as much as my old Integra Type R, that car really put a smile on my face everytime I drove it.

You'll never tire of the noise a vtec engine makes In a nutshell if you don't need the extra seats then you'll love the S2000, overall it will be slightly cheaper than your scoob to run. These savings will only really be noticable in the form of reduced fuel and servicing costs.

Good luck with the search for your perfect S, that GT sounded a fair price too me. I looked at loads of cars, there was alot of disapointing examples out there, it's worth paying a little premium for a really well looked after car.

Quick Reply: Running Costs