UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Rules Of Parking!

Old 10-08-2007, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is garaged and then at a work secure parking.

Insurance will be a major issue and if you get it any where near
Old 10-08-2007, 04:05 AM

Most people wouldn't insure me till I was 25. You may struggle.

Tbh it sounds like your best waiting, I'd be worried all the time about my car if I had to park it there.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by ikobo,Oct 8 2007, 11:03 AM
Garaged at all times if at home and i don't need to use it.If i'm in a car park i'd rather have to leave it in the furthest away point if it saved having to park next to someone.If i do park next to people,i try to get beside the nicest/most expensive car as they should be more carefull opening doors etc.If i was going for a night out and couldn't leave it somewhere safe,i don't take it!
my method as well.

mind I've heard good things about breathable car covers and there is a bloke a few miles away who has his pride and joy under one. I was worried that they would mark the paint but his experience suggests otherwise and his car looks just as tidy as mine.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:16 AM

why cover it.

its a car that deserves to be seen at all times.i am sure the s was designed to cope with a bit of rain...etc.

pussies.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Becareful with car covers!

I bought one when my S was but a toddler, i left it on the car for some time through winter when i was working abroad. It actually put tiny little scratchs on the car. It wasnt a cheap one either.

It lived in a street in bristol for a year, where it got totally ruined!! the local idiots reverse nudged it on both ends multiple times, doors where opened into it, wing mirrors scraped!! Many trips were made around the block trying to match the remenants of their paint on my bodywork, Bxxxxrds!!!

After a while I reasoned that parking at the end of the street would reduce the ammount of manuevering around my car (though by then it was too late).

Good luck getting it insured, dont get any points when u do get it!!
Old 10-08-2007, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Si2k,Oct 8 2007, 04:05 AM
Most people wouldn't insure me till I was 25. You may struggle.

Tbh it sounds like your best waiting, I'd be worried all the time about my car if I had to park it there.
I'm gonna have words with my neighbours, they know me well and Id ask them to take care around it. I think im just more concerned about parking when I go places. My friend in the office brought a 350z and within a week some prat at the carpark opposite put a dent in his front wing. Another guy just got his Astra VXR so there waiting on me now lol. Im too determined to wait, I dont see what Id be waiting for really... Ive just got promoted so I can finally afford one after 3 years of wanting one! So I dont see why I shouldnt go for it!
Old 10-08-2007, 05:48 AM

I may be being over cautions but with the S2000 and it's precise geo setup, I'd be wary about continually parking with one side up the kerb.
If it were me I'd try and alternate which side was on the kerb. (unless it's a low kerb of course)

Like I said, I may be worrying too much
Old 10-08-2007, 05:54 AM

dude... park off road if poss.... ina car park.... take up 2 bays....
Old 10-09-2007, 04:30 AM

the main rule is never to park next to a people carrier or volvo!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:07 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alex.stanley,Oct 8 2007, 10:52 AM
Mine stays warm and dry in the garage when it's at home, out and about I try to park as far away from other cars as possible!
Same here

Bharat

BTW - & welcome

Quick Reply: Rules Of Parking!