UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Rules Of Parking!

Old 10-08-2007, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Rules Of Parking!

Guys,

This is my 1st post I'm currently hoping to have an S in March just after im 21! Trying hard to save for a good deposit! BUT my main issue is going to be with parking! I live down a close and the parking now is terrible, I currently park on the roadside mounted on the curb. Im hoping to get a full car cover for the nasty weather... does anyone have one and is it worth the bucks? I was just wondering in general where do you guys all park your S's be it when its at home or when you go out or into town for example Bay's, Public Car Parks (DUM DUM DUM!), public roads?
Old 10-08-2007, 01:41 AM

Your main issue will be insurance!

Mine gets parked under a carport off the road.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:45 AM

i park anywhere ,as i am homeless.

defensive parking is the way to go.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:04 AM

Received 134 Likes on 113 Posts

Mine's on a public road outside my house, unfortunately (houses with drives/garages are expensive in Bristol!). But it's generally been ok, as it's a quiet road. Just be aware of the kerbs and tuck your mirrors in. I've had more trouble in car parks than parking on the road, touch wood.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:38 AM

I dont park anywhere near other cars unless I absolutley have to. Also dont park with 2 wheels on the curb and 2 wheels off.

Also have a Weathershield cover brought off ebay from the states. Very good but make sure you tie it down as it comes off quite easily. I think I paid something like
Old 10-08-2007, 02:52 AM

Mine stays warm and dry in the garage when it's at home, out and about I try to park as far away from other cars as possible!
Old 10-08-2007, 02:56 AM

I have to park everywhere, but try to park away from other people in the car park or make sure I pick a spot between cars that is as big as poss.

Daily it's parked on a relatively busy road and has been damaged, but I think this is more to do with kids on bikes rather than other cars.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:03 AM

Garaged at all times if at home and i don't need to use it.If i'm in a car park i'd rather have to leave it in the furthest away point if it saved having to park next to someone.If i do park next to people,i try to get beside the nicest/most expensive car as they should be more carefull opening doors etc.If i was going for a night out and couldn't leave it somewhere safe,i don't take it!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:16 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As someone said above, have you spoke to your insurance broker to see how much it will cost you to insure.

Don't want to rain on your parade, it is likely to be a lot for somebody of your age.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:34 AM

Thanks for the tips so far guys, any info is a great.

As for the insurance lol well Ive only done online quotes and my god its high. I will happy pay

Quick Reply: Rules Of Parking!