UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Ross's Perspex Headrest Inserts

Old 07-02-2002, 12:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ross's Perspex Headrest Inserts

I met Andy Pandy on Saturday to collect my headrest inserts off him and to relieve him of his redundant rear Muz Mat. The inserts took 2 minutes (literally) to fit and coupled with the aeroscreen definitely make the cockpit a nicer place to be on those top down, cooler days. Ross has made a very impressive neat job of cutting the inserts with hand tools I must say.

Checked out Andy's new Rav 4 in silver. (Seems Andy knew the best colour all along) It's a fully loaded job with leather seats and all the toys including sat nav which will be very useful I'm sure if Andy ever finds out to turn it on! It's no good Andy, you may have to resort to reading the manual!
Old 07-02-2002, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cedric, I don't want to worry you but there's a dodgy looking bloke where your avatar should be !

Ever seen deliverance ?
Old 07-02-2002, 01:01 AM

Originally posted by Shipley
Cedric, I don't want to worry you but there's a dodgy looking bloke where your avatar should be !

Ever seen deliverance ?
Squeal piggy piggy!
Old 07-02-2002, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by Cedric Tomkinson

Checked out Andy's new Rav 4 in silver. (Seems Andy knew the best colour all along) It's a fully loaded job with leather seats and all the toys including sat nav which will be very useful I'm sure if Andy ever finds out to turn it on! It's no good Andy, you may have to resort to reading the manual!
Andy drove from Stafford to Cambridge to deliver his front Muz mats to me on Monday. His real purpose was to try out the SatNav. He is obviously very impressed with it. The nice lady who lives inside it tells you when you are 900 yds/metres from your next turn-off junction and when you are on a roundabout she tells you which exit to take. Sounds like my wife.
Old 07-02-2002, 01:11 AM

LOL
Glad to hear you got them fitted OK
I had to break the habit of a lifetime and read the manual Once I learned how to turn it on, it's very simple to use. It got me to Bournemouth and back on Sunday and Cambridge yesterday without any problems at all.

On the subject of satellite navigation, I seriously think they are a big boost to traffic safety, no need for maps etc and therefore no unwanted distractions on the move. The sooner they are fitted as standard to cars the better IMO.

P.S. That bacon sandwich was first class
Old 07-02-2002, 01:17 AM

Originally posted by S200 VMC

Sounds like my wife.
Vernon, If your wife has the same on/off button and volume control, then I am a very envious man (only kidding Mandy ).

I am still in awe of your back garden, simply stunning
Old 07-02-2002, 01:25 AM

Well I'm glad Andy's got it sussed out! He wasn't doing too well with it on Saturday!

Was it the early Allegros or Montegos that had a talking chip?... I forget. Anyway a mate of mine was a mechanic in a local garage and they had this family drive in. They were on route from the south coast to Scotland for a holiday. All the way up to the midlands this metallic voice kept announcing " Beware of ice on the road!" It was July!

The garage did their best to sort it out, being a Toyota dealership, and eventually managed to silence the warning. They found out later that all the way to Scotland the voice was announcing "Your boot lid is open!" They stopped checking eventually and decided to live with it!
Old 07-02-2002, 01:46 AM

Originally posted by AnDy_PaNdY

I am still in awe of your back garden, simply stunning
Being in the centre of Cambridge my back garden is the size of 4 S2Ks. Not a blade of grass = low maintenance - see photo.

I previously had half an acre of grass to cut and a swimming pool to clean each weekend. Now I have time to drive the S2K.

Old 07-02-2002, 01:55 PM

Now THAT'S my idea of a garden. I would say 'Task Force' did you proud there Vernon.

I could never feel 'fulfilled' by gardening, though I have to do my dutiful minimum to keep the place respectable. I'm afraid I can only view the whole laborious process as a constant battle against nature..... with only one winner!

Very very nice!
Old 07-03-2002, 01:47 AM

The Task Force was myself and two sons. Cost about