UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Roof upgrade price

Old 05-09-2005, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof upgrade price

I need to replace my soft top as its come to the end of its life. I have a 'previously enjoyed' soft top in the loft which I can get fitted for about
Old 05-09-2005, 07:49 AM

Wouldn't it be cheaper to sell and buy a M02?
Old 05-09-2005, 07:51 AM
GSi

Normal that a stealer will try to lube you up and screw you over ?

Old 05-09-2005, 07:54 AM

To break this down - the frame you don't need, yours will modify to fit the new top, and what is a soft top cover? The tonneau? Misc fittings at
Old 05-09-2005, 07:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm funny this has come up today as I was having a conversation about this earlier. Is it not possible to replace the plastic rear screen on the spare in loft with a glass panel?

Isn't the rear screen panel removable and therefor you could swop over the screen portion or is the roof mechanism different to allow the glass panel to sit correctly when folded?
Old 05-09-2005, 07:59 AM

, funnily enough that is exactly what my email back to him has said.

I think the frame can be bent..so its a new roof with glass screen, installed. Not even bothered about the heated rear window !!

I will contact an independent fitment company also but was interested to know if anyone has had an insurance replacement of summat like that.

No, it wouldn't be easier to sell and upgrade, I've decided to keep the car for another couple of years and have this one exactly how I want it and its got 24k on it. I can't see the point of buying another car of the same type...I've never done that. Porsche is next..at some time...but the S is paid for and I'll do the Porsche for cash also, but I'm not ready yet.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:14 AM

I have heard that you do not need a new frame, just to modify the existing slightly ???

Soft top and soft top cover ????

Get yourself one from a breaker, and i'm sure someone will come along shortly to help fit for the price of a few beers !!
Old 05-09-2005, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Pie_n_Chips,May 9 2005, 03:57 PM
Hmm funny this has come up today as I was having a conversation about this earlier. Is it not possible to replace the plastic rear screen on the spare in loft with a glass panel?

Isn't the rear screen panel removable and therefor you could swop over the screen portion or is the roof mechanism different to allow the glass panel to sit correctly when folded?
No

The window is much smaller in the >02's so you can't replace it.

If I'm going to do it I'll do it properly but
Old 05-09-2005, 08:47 AM

From memory Steven M has done this, and i think said something like "I wouldnt bother" to someone else who asked whether it was possible.

R.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fitting instructions for glass roof.

I was/am still thinking of going the glass screen route but if you buy a new hood you need to modify the old frame with straps i will find the link to show you, but to buy a glass screen hood you need the whole thing and if a breaker is selling it the frame might as well come off at the same time. breakers want

Quick Reply: Roof upgrade price