UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Roof problem....

Old 03-04-2003, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof problem....

Hi All,

Another "just a quick question".......Those of you that have bought the s2 from new, did/do you have any problems getting the roof all the way down? When I put the roof down, it requires me to get out of the car and push it down further into the "roof pit" (not too sure what it's name is!!!) So if I do want to put the tonneau (spelling?) cover on, I have a real struggle. I thought this is because it's new and has been used a lot yet. (had it delivered weekend before xmas, so haven't really had that many glorious days of sunshine!!!) So does anyone else have this problem, and do you think I should take it to Honda for them to look at? My B/F reckons I should.

Any ideas?

Cheers!!!

TTFN!

A

PS I thought that they made the s2 look quite good last night......I was expecting the guy to dislike it, and the cheek of the hairdressers comment!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2003, 12:48 AM

Shouldn't have to push the roof down, sounds like something needs adjusting, I would get it back to the dealer.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:50 AM

Got the same problem!

Thought the same as you - that it's because it's new and it will sort itself out as I use it more.

It helps if someone is there to guide it but that's not a very practical solution.

Let me know what Honda says!
Old 03-04-2003, 12:55 AM

This has been discussed before. The vinyl roof can be quite stiff when the temperature is low and will not fold as easily as when it is warm. Some people on the board have suggested turning the heat up in the cabin for 10 minutes and then lower the roof. HTH
Old 03-04-2003, 01:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's not the problem Need4; it's a fault. I think Ianl had it first, but a couple of others have experienced it also

Alison, Ali_McBlue - take the cars back!

Pete
Old 03-04-2003, 01:12 AM

I've had the problem with the cold - and the heat works!

BUT this sounds like adjustment - take it back to the dealer! The hood shouldn't need 'running in' or anything like that.
Old 03-04-2003, 01:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]That's not the problem Need4; it's a fault. I think Ianl had it first, but a couple of others have experienced it also

Alison, Ali_McBlue - take the cars back!
Old 03-04-2003, 02:16 AM

If you dont get it fixed it will foul/wear parts of the fabric prematurely leading to the possibilty of holes/tears.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:42 AM

when i drop the hood i noticed that the centre of the hood (small handle) falls about an inch or 2 below the boot line - if you catch my drift !

I'm on to my 3rd hood and they have all folded the same way - i've had no problems with this. The reason for having a 3rd hood is that i kept on having a leak.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:17 AM

Thx for the tips....looks like it's trip to Honda for me then!!!!

Quick Reply: Roof problem....