UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Road Rage thread

Old 02-10-2004, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Rage thread

I hope the mods don't kill this subject, and seeing as I was driving my S, it seems on topic. But after this mornings escapades I felt it necessary to vent my spleen about a stupid woman (no sexsm intended, just statement of gender) in a pigging Land Rover Free Laander this morning and I thought others might want to add their opinions of other drivings exploits by morons.

So picture the scene.

A crisp winter's morn in Surrey. I live on the same road as a rather expensive fee-paying school (nowt wrong with that I went to one myself) so in the morning it gets the usual abundance of Landies, Range Rovers and X5's to drop the kids off.

Afterall Surrey is akin to the Jungle.

So this bint stops in the middle of the road where all the cars are getting jammed anyway and starts chatting to her friend in another 4x4. :edags: and OFFS. Total grid lock ensues.

After having put the world to rights or just sorting out the next Tupperware party off she pootles. Gets in the right hand lane at the T junction as I pull up in the left, indicating left, to turn left, when she decides she wants to go left instead and nearly takes the nose off my car. She does the same thing again at the following roundabout and I am really starting to see red at this point.

The bint CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT show any lane discipline.

So we drive down a fairly straight road, clear visibility and posted limit of 60mph - she decides 40 mph is appropriate for the conditions.

We enter a built up residential area, posted limit 30 mph, she continues to do 40 mph and yet there are kids crossing the roads to school. Bu its ok she has bull bars on the car. Obviously no visible appreciation or recognition of road signs.

Where do people like this get their license for pete's sake?

Why are they so infuriating, I think it's cos they are oblivious to anything outside of their porcelain china, House of Fraser furnished rose tinted windows.

So the point of this thread is to get these things off your chest, as long as we adhere to the rules and policies of the forum mods. I feel much better.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:18 AM
GSi

You've pulled up one of my pet hates there! People who drive at 40-45 in a 60 and then continue to do so in a 30! :grr:
Old 02-10-2004, 04:25 AM

Some people.........

I can't see anything objectionable in this thread, Chris. Despite what some people seem to think, the COs don't take any pleasure in editing/closing threads.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:27 AM

I steer well clear of 4x4's....they are usally driven by clueless twats not necessarily women.....

I am far happier in the vicinity of something like the S2000/Z4/Boxter/TT/MX5/Elise/Ferraris/911's as you just know that the driver will be aware of what is going on around them

These 4x4's cocoon the driver too well
Old 02-10-2004, 04:29 AM

Although I feel your pain, you should be INCREDIBLY thankful that you'd don't have to drive in the US.

No lane discipline? Good grief... come drive over here for a day and you'll go home blessing your country.

Seriously... as a US resident, there's nothing I enjoy more than the time I've spent driving in both England and Ireland. The difference between the US and across the pond is night and day...

Oh, and if anyone over there wants to offer me a job, I'm ready to relocate in a heartbeat. UNIX systems engineer, lots of experience, will travel
Old 02-10-2004, 04:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GSi
You've pulled up one of my pet hates there!
Old 02-10-2004, 04:32 AM

School runs are a strange breed. The people dropping their kids off are very weird in my opinion because they tend to speed a lot around the schoold area. Generally I drive at 20mph because we have two schools very close to each other and lots of kids. But I see that the mums tend to be careful about getting their kids safely in the cars and then speed through worrying not for others. I will never get my head around that one.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:33 AM

Originally posted by Mark Turner
Some people.........

I can't see anything objectionable in this thread, Chris. Despite what some people seem to think, the COs don't take any pleasure in editing/closing threads.
Mark didn't mean to imply that at all.

Just also wasn't sure if it was on topic or not and usually the slightly more infalmmatory threads remain in the dungeon of off topic. Tis all
Old 02-10-2004, 04:38 AM

Re-test every 5 or 10 years.

Can't believe the government are missing this opportunity to fleece the motorist further!

Should get the sort of twat you describe off the road.

Too many do not seem to realise that it is a priviliege and not a right to have a licence!
Old 02-10-2004, 04:39 AM

Chris, you have my sympathies.
I've been thinking about getting a camera mount and a remote start button for my camcorder for occasions just like this. Build up a collection of arseho.... sorry ... foolish drivers and send it in to DVLA testing board.
Just for a laugh, coz nothing will come of it.

Quick Reply: Road Rage thread