UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

.....and Rich said, 'dont quote me on this but I really like it....' (lots of pic's)

Old 03-13-2004, 02:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Duck Fest II (the slaughter) was a great day out - many thanks to Alex for organising things. Great to see some old friends again, and put some new faces to familiar board names (Gadaffi isn't nearly as scary in real life - sorry Pete!)

The day dawned sunny and bright, and crutially the 2" of snow from Friday had cleared. I drove across to Southern Counties Honda and picked up their new (900 miles on the clock) Lime Green Mugn car which David (scov) very kindly allowed me to take on an 'extended test drive' More of that in another post in a day or 2.....too tired now!

Scarily colour co-ordinated driver and car

We met up at the Bolney Stage and parked the cars in a line!

Chatted for a bit.......and then sat outside the closed pub

Fortunately for us Microbe called to say that his S2000's battery was dead, so it was International rescue time - Alex and his jump leads plus 8 S2000's of to Kelvin's house to persuade his motor to come out of hiberation.......I am sure Colleen was delighted to see her drive full of such splendid cars

We then had a very enjoyable and 'spirited' drive to the coast via Ditchling, the South Downs and best of all a Tunnel

TWICE!

What a noise! It was awesome as you can clearly see from the second picture!!!!!!

The drive slowed a little at this point -heavy traffic- which was a shame, but really I dont think this was any excuse for blatently pointing and laughing at that nice grey Z4 with its roof up. Not at all polite

Now here is a funny thing.........a meet where the most numerous car was.....: RED :eek1

But it did of course boast a couple of the less common colours:

And so to the main objective of the day.........DUCK

All in all an impessive number of ducks where demolished - 8 between 14 by my reckoning, and we even managed to make it as far as main courses and deserts this time. Athletes.....true athletes I tell you!!!!

So a top day. And wonderful fun to drive the Green beasty - it certainly turned heads (and worryingly distracted people on the M23 to the point that they forgot to steer their cars!!!) and my trusty Silverstone did seem just a little sedate as I returned home tired, stuffed but very happy from Southern Counties Honda.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice one Ianl!
That was one happy co-pilot, but tell him to hold the camera steady next time.
Old 03-13-2004, 02:40 PM
JMP

Nice pics

Have to say that silverstone parked next to the red with the jump leads looks a bizaare colour! Like the colour's leaching through the jumpleads!
Old 03-13-2004, 02:42 PM

Wow!can't beleive I recognise some of them places

Uckfield tunnels (my sis used to live around the corner) and near Brighton Racecourse

So what was the Mugen like then? could you tell a difference in power? sorry but really really don't like the colour
Old 03-13-2004, 02:43 PM

Nice write-up, Ian.
Wish I could have made it......the duck looked fantastic!!!!
Old 03-13-2004, 02:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Nice pics

Have to say that silverstone parked next to the red with the jump leads looks a bizaare colour! Like the colour's leaching through the jumpleads!"

Shade's of Christine there
Old 03-13-2004, 04:04 PM

So does that mean the Red is quicker now, having some of the power of the silver flow through it??
(Well it is late!!)
Old 03-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Excellent Write up ian

The green isnt as as I thought in real life, but still not a colour i would choose

The tunnel was and the copper on the way in as we were coming out was hilarious

top day, sorry I had to leave early
Old 03-14-2004, 12:39 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally posted by ianl
Gadaffi isn't nearly as scary in real life - sorry Pete!
I keep telling everyone I'm cute. I'm just misunderstood.

That green looked good, but I REALLY didn't like the spoiler.

Old 03-14-2004, 06:31 AM

Excellent pics and thread.
I love those '04 wheels and am really growing to like the rear spoiler !

Quick Reply: .....and Rich said, 'dont quote me on this but I really like it....' (lots of pic's)