UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Returning to the fold...

Old 04-09-2007, 03:37 AM
KMB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just put my S up for sale, though I know I will have another when the time is right - The options for similar cars are very limited and fun per pound is unbeatable IMO
Old 04-09-2007, 04:11 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You have the option of an Exige S and aren't taking it?!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think i would probably have a VX220 turbo and tune it , but id have to have a beater as well.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:27 AM

Get the Exige If you've done 60k in an S already I'd say it was time for a change.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whilst the Exige is quick, interesting and available in a great colour - Krypton Green (!) - it's simply too focused for my overall requirements. As well as a bit of Sunday afternoon fun, I'm doing the big road trip with my wife next year - the Le Mans Classic and a tour of Italy and, as an all-round package, the S is simply unbeatable for this role IMHO.

It might not be the best in any one area - performance, handling, comfort, looks whatever, but as a package it's still a hell of an act to beat - 8 year old design or not.
And that's the mark of a great car I suppose.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:45 PM

I've been contemplating my next move also. I have a 96 NSX at the moment and was looking at the Exige vs S2K.

I'm in the same camp as the guy above; I want something I can use on many levels rather than a highly focussed tool.
Additionally, I think the Exige is massively overpriced for what you get. I know it's blistering on the track and this is down to use of advanced prcesses etc...but normally the R&D costs are absorbed in the first few years of production and the car becomes cheaper.
Not so with the Exige/Elise which keeps getting more expensive.
I just can't reconcile buying a car for
Old 04-10-2007, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Papalazarou,Apr 10 2007, 09:45 PM
Oh and something that gave me some degree of protection if things went wrong.
This is an oft overlooked point which I totally agree with - but perhaps it comes with the heightened awareness a forty-something like myself has!

I once had the misfortune to be given a ride in a superbly built Westfield. It was certainly quick - but had zero personal safety protection - and as much protection from the wind - it was a complete joke to be used on public roads.

A Westfield or similar toy has less road presence than a motorcycle and IMHO it is not a case of 'if' but 'when' Mrs Canny-Body will drive into you - or over you.

I still shudder thinking about the simple square tube chassis rail and aluminium sheet of the Westfield between me and the spinning wheel of a truck...
Old 04-10-2007, 11:53 PM

I have seen a few pics of the Platinum white with red interior from Japan and I think the car looks amazing, much better that GPW.

Good luck with the purchase!!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:48 AM

It is quite frightening for us 40 somethings ! Things like Fiestas and Minis look massive.
When on the road I don't like to think of what might happen just enjoy the experience.

Best kept for the track and annual trip up to Stoneleigh when its working....

This is why I have an S2000 for the road, fun reliable and warm
Old 04-12-2007, 09:07 AM

I've returned to the fold and just done the deal on an IOP.

Quick Reply: Returning to the fold...