UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Replacement roof

Old 04-14-2014, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Louisq
So if i was to take my other S2000 (MY00) i would have to supply my own glass? seems a super deal.
That's what I understand - either take your facelift (glass) car with glass in the hood and they will keep that when it is cut-out in return for using the last one they got which is already stitched into the lovely shiny new hood.
If, like you and me, you only have the MY00 council-house plastic screen, we need to take an offering of a glass screen in order to keep his stock going for the next buyer.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:15 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

There seems to be a very slight difference (£12) for upgrade (plastic to glass) over straight swap (glass to glass) with a monsoon hood http://www.monsooncarhoods.co.uk/Honda-Car-Hoods.php

I'm guessing plastic doesn't have a heater element and that £12 is for a bit of wire to plug into the loom ?
Old 04-14-2014, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by BenRNBP
There seems to be a very slight difference (£12) for upgrade (plastic to glass) over straight swap (glass to glass) with a monsoon hood http://www.monsooncarhoods.co.uk/Honda-Car-Hoods.php

I'm guessing plastic doesn't have a heater element and that £12 is for a bit of wire to plug into the loom ?
you are correct in guessing the placcy window doesn't have a heater element - after 13 years mine is so opaque it looks permanently misted anyway. Always dread the first 'open' of the season in case the winter months have hardened it into a non-bendable state...
Old 04-14-2014, 09:39 AM
J_B

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I also have recently had my roof trimmed at Jack Smith's, and it's fantastic for the money. Dropped off at 8:45am and it was done by 11:30am - on a Sunday! He was so quick my girlfriend and I barely had enough time for breakfast and a walk on the beach before he was done.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:50 AM

Just booked mine in.

As they are busy you'll be looking at a 6 week waiting time at the mo if your thinking of booking.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:03 AM

My '99 jap import has had a replacement roof at some point as I've got a glass rear window, and no heat element button

So I wouldn't have to supply my own glass right?

Might have to search again for the simple DIY fix till I get the funding for a replacement...
Old 04-16-2014, 02:59 AM

As long as your rear screen is the OEM glass screen with the heat element in.

If that is the case then you'll be all good.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ch33zyf33t
Just booked mine in.

As they are busy you'll be looking at a 6 week waiting time at the mo if your thinking of booking.
If this is the lead time I need to get mine booked in in the next week or so. I heard the unmistakeable sound of splintering plastic (again) when I put the roof down yesterday. It's the 4th time its been patched, Wilkinsons flexable plastic glue and Unibond clear repair tape which makes a good waterproof seal and maintains some visability, but it's starting to look like crazy paving.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s3swiss
Re not being local - I'm planning on using him and I'm in Elgin, N.Scotland! I'm just waiting to find a s/h rear glass window (none on fleabay for a while now). Anyone got any good sources for them?
There is 2 on there at the moment but seriously over priced at £150. I picked mine up for a steal, had it in my watch list when it was buy now for £55 and when I went back to buy it they had pulled the item and relisted as an auction which I won for £27
I might be worth messaging integrastella on ebay as he breaks Hondas and had one listed around the £70 mark if I remember correctly when I was looking.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by calisfar

If this is the lead time I need to get mine booked in in the next week or so. I heard the unmistakeable sound of splintering plastic (again) when I put the roof down yesterday. It's the 4th time its been patched, Wilkinsons flexable plastic glue and Unibond clear repair tape which makes a good waterproof seal and maintains some visability, but it's starting to look like crazy paving.
Ah stop, when I split my plastic window the first time, I near sh1t myself. Ha.

Some weight off the sholders now I know its going in to be done.

I know I should have asked but does anyone know if the rubbers are replaced at the same time?

Quick Reply: Replacement roof