UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Registering an EU Import for UK Warranty.

Old 09-20-2002, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Registering an EU Import for UK Warranty.

Hi All,

As I understand it, because my car isnt yet registered with Honda UK, I am not currently covered for the 3 year 60,000 mile warranty. Is this correct ? (I realise its only 60,000 and not 90,000 due to the import nature). I also cant register my car with the Honda web site via my VIN number and check for recalls.

My real question is, whose responsibility is it to actually register it ?

I went to Penine Honda in Ashton-Under-Lyne and they were completely perplexed. In the end they managed to find a form off the Honda Intranet and simply handed it over to me with a fax number to send it to

I assumed it was up to the dealership to fill this form in / fax it ?

Also can I get an English service book ? The one i have is in danish (I think).

Any help would be appreciated. Especially if anyone can point me in the direction of a dealer around Manchester who will sort this out for me.

Chris.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:01 PM

Contact Honda UK in Slough and ask them about it, I got the name of someone there (soory cant remember it), spoke to them and they said to send in copy of purchase receipt and Certificate of Conformoty. About 4 weeks later they sent a letter back stating that the car was now covered and also an englist log book.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:09 PM

Why do we need to register in the UK? its a European 3 year warranty, I have never had problems with a continental honda dealership fixing a uk registered car.
As for the service booklet I went to my nearest Honda dealer in Tunbridge Wells and they ordered and gave me an English service booklet, (they will defintely get my service work)I then sent it over to my supplier Verhagens who stamped the PDI part.
Old 09-20-2002, 12:58 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gary Jeffery
[B]Why do we need to register in the UK? its a European 3 year warranty, I have never had problems with a continental honda dealership fixing a uk registered car.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:33 PM

One of the benefits of registration is being notified when there is a vehical recall, for this reason alone you should do it.
Old 09-21-2002, 05:20 AM

Try a different dealership! I took my EU import to Braylake Honda in St Albans and they couldn't have been more helpful - they handled the whole registration thing for me.
Old 09-22-2002, 02:36 PM

I called Honda UK after picking up my car and they told me to go to my local dealer. I did go to a dealer (Arriva Honda in Bristol) not my local dealer. The service manager (Ian) was excellent. All you need is you Warranty book, with Pre-delivery Inspection (PDI) stamp, your registration document and your dealer receipt as proof of purchase. Thats it, if the dealer is any good, he should get you a UK service book (although it will not have the PDI stamp in it so you need to keep the original documents). Then about 1-2weeks later you should get a letter from Honda UK to say your warranty is registered.

It's as simple as that (or at least it should be).

Chris
Old 09-22-2002, 11:59 PM

Gary,

What is the name of the dealer in Tunbridge Wells and do you remember who you spoke to there ?

I live in West Malling and got my S2000 a couple of weeks ago so could do with registering it.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2002, 12:22 AM

Originally posted by Lotusman
Gary,

What is the name of the dealer in Tunbridge Wells and do you remember who you spoke to there ?

Tunbridge Wells Mazda / Honda. I registered mine with Mark and was the first to do so.

Good luck.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:38 AM

I'm having this exact same problem at the moment, I'm waiting for some warranty work to be carried out but my local dealer will not do anything until the warranty is registered in the UK.
They originally gave me a form to fill out and send myself, but I kicked up a fuss and got them to fax all the details over. That was 5 days ago, I'm chasing them up every day and im still to hear any conformation.
This is now getting on my nerves as I dont have a car until this is resolved!

Quick Reply: Registering an EU Import for UK Warranty.