UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Recent products used - Zymol Vinyl/Seal and 303 Protectant

Old 08-11-2002, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recent products used - Zymol Vinyl/Seal and 303 Protectant

I'm a Zymol fan (best wax I have ever used), so I got some of the Seal for the roof and window seals and vinyl for the interior. I also managed to get some 303 protectant for the roof from a UK supplier.

Zymol Seal:

This is very easy to use, just wipe on the seal in a straight motion , leave for 20 minutes and buff gently. The manual says it should feel like a dogs nose when done - and it does. Seems to keep the seals nice and moist, however since the car is only 4 months old, I would not expect to see any degradation. The only annoying thing is that it leaves smear marks on the side windows for a couple of weeks.

Zymol Vinyl:

This product looks just like Autoglym vinyl and rubber care and unfortunately gives the same results. I wanted to keep the matt finish of the vinyl, unfortunately, it leaves a low sheen, which is useless for the dash top. I applied it to the doors and around the kick plates and it was a little to shiny for my taste. This fades after a month or so, whether there is any "protection" left is hard to say. Now that I have found out that most of the seats are vinyl (anything that doesn't touch you) then I suppose I will eventually use it.
I checked with Zymol about using this on the roof. They replied that it is OK to use, but is not designed for exterior use. I have since seen another post that mentioned that when it rained the Zymol ran off all over the bodywork leaving the paint smeared. Glad I didn't use it. This leads me to...

303 Protectant:

Funnily enough, this looks just like Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care and Zymol Vinyl. I applied it to the roof, using a small piece of sponge and then wiped with a cotton towel. It made the roof slightly darker and under garage light leaves a very slight sheen. This is actually quite useful as you can tell if you have missed a spot. It took two applications to get good coverage. I also used it on the plastic strip round the back of the roof and the rubber windscreen seal, this gave a nice finish. I used about 40% of the bottle (8oz) to do the roof. Dont get this on glass, as its a bitch to get off.

I got the Zyml stuff from here :

http://www.zymol.co.uk/

and the 303 from here:

http://www.wwc.co.uk/
Old 08-11-2002, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Douglas, I swear by Vinyl but only for the soft vinyl inserts of the door panels (non perforated sections), the centre armrest and the handbrake handle. If you still have a plastic gear gaiter it works well there too. Be sure to wipe down with a damp cloth 20 minutes after application and then buff with a clean towel. The @perforated' sections of my kick plates get vinyled too It was me who had the hellish 'Vinyl on softtop experience, fricken nightmare and no mistake. Washing that crap off the panels and glass will haunt me for a while The seat backs and sides are Vinyl and perhaps the topmost section but all the perforated bits and bolsters are leather and need Treat.

I recommend Zymol Fabrique for cleaning the dash and other interior plastics (as well as the carpet obviously!!), a bottle of the concentrate will last you an age.

Tif