UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Rear of the year

Old 05-25-2012, 12:01 PM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

The 335 and all the non-M model E90s have run flat tyres which have stiff side walls and the ride can be fidgety except on smooth surfaces. No spare. Likewise the M3, but at least it has proper tyres and suspension. m1bjr (Steve) modded his 335i big-time and it could give an M3 a hard time - and then some. Just jacked it in for a fugly Renault - see his avatar - which he will doubtless breathe on. A bit of a whirlwind affair with the 335i and he has moved on having shagged it to death

If you end up with the 335i - more of a sleeper - and about the M3 too, he knows a lot.

Yeah - those seats on the M have motors to slide them back. Purists are shaking their heads - weight

4-door rear end looks a bit naff, the light/reflector lines don't match up.

(Back on topic, your rear end )
Old 05-25-2012, 01:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Steve has now gone down in my estimations
Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 PM

Received 654 Likes on 569 Posts

I want white/black leather or that grey/black.. Hard to find. Lots of yuck terracotta or fox red, not or me. And lots of ladyboy blue pretending to be silverstone. Pah
I really like the 335 but i think M car is one of those itches i think. They had a corker in Sytner showroom, white with lots of black anodised bits.. Mm.. New though!

Obviously the purist in me fancies a v8 NA too.. That 3l is nice though
Old 05-25-2012, 01:52 PM

I polished my rear end last night.. I'd say waxed but i'd be lying.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:04 PM

For me, white is striking esp with black/graphite wheels etc but it's as common as muck and also a b*tch to keep clean. Kids would rite rood werds on them like white van man back doors, except too many white beemers are rides for drug dealers with shivs ...

My only BM colour is a mid blue, mine have both been Interlagos, which tones nicely with the badge blue and imo looks mean with the black/graphite accoutrements. One good easy cheap mod is the BMW black kidney grill though it's a pain to fit. I tooled along to the dealer and made like an old duffer. Not so hard I hear you say

Did you get the gear change lights on your drive or didn't you hit the revs? (or is that an M thing )
Old 05-25-2012, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
I polished my rear end last night.. I'd say waxed but i'd be lying.
Make sure you keep the front end clean too
Old 05-25-2012, 03:07 PM

I think the salesman was disappointed in that regard. the m box is different he told me, one paddle up, one down? i barely used manual beyond a couple of plays to test the speed of it, i didn't switch to manual mode.

I think the 335 left me wanting the M3 at the end of the day, that car is superb though. The only thing that troubled me was when i mashed the throttle off the line it did squirm, this was patchy road so i suspect its those tyres as you say but at a grand a set....

Going to leave things till next friday, see if i survive the 1st week back

EDIT i just noticed the 'car' you're talking about as M1bjr's (?) avatar. i agree on the fugly bit
Old 05-26-2012, 12:13 PM

here's the config i chose

Alpine white
Black novillo
black carbon interior trim
media package
internet
mobile prep
cd changer
DAB
BMW individual audio
harman kardon speakers
nav
de badge
climate windscreen
sun protection glass
shadowline trim
heated front seats
sunblind
tv
edc
park distance control (pdc)
comfort access
DCT

£65k Nina wont let me buy it
Old 05-26-2012, 02:02 PM

TV only works when you're parked up. I walked out of my MIL's wake to watch footie in the car park.

I think that's the only time I've watched it apart from pickups at stations.

Otherwise your spec is sound

IIRC tv costs £800

tell Nina

edit: try the BMW AUC database here. If you hover over the 'optional equipment' bar on a car it lists them out for you.

p.s. salesman was right about the M3 paddles, left is down, right is up
p.p.s. High beam assistant is good on long boring night drives.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:57 AM

some of them are nice to haves, tv being one. I'm in no hurry to buy as i'm getting a new gate fitted on the drive as sproggo needs to be contained under the Dangerous Wild Animals act, 1984, article 7.

and this car will live on the drive

i can debadge it myself although it's fairly fruitless. the 335i had the advantage of utter sleeper given the proliferation of M style 19s on these cars (who does that on 320d with £250 a corner excesses of rubber?)

Quick Reply: Rear of the year