UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Rear Speakers - UK supply?

Old 06-03-2003, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Speakers - UK supply?

I am looking to install some rear speakers and have been looking at the offering from Lucid.

Has anybody come across similar products on offer from UK based suppliers??

Is this mod worth doing? I could certainly do with the extra power.
Old 06-03-2003, 01:22 AM

You can just buy the panels from lucid (and rear speaker adapter) then fit your own speakers sourced in the UK......

Or cut the holes yourself if you feel confident enough...
Old 06-03-2003, 01:29 AM

i have just installed some Lucid panels and speakers - its well worth it. Before bought the panels and speakers I spent some time trying to find out the model numbers of the kenwood speakers he used but to no avail -

I stand to be corrected but i don't think or at least i couldn't find anyone that offers similar to Lucid - with panels, harness and speakers etc. I guess you could get someone else to install them for you.

in the end i just bit the bullet and avioded all hassle and got the speakers and panels from Lucid - it makes life very easy, the instructions are very clear and all the connectors you need are included. I guess this is the more expensive route, but it is certainly the easiest - and of course the pre-cut panels are great saves you having to mess about cutting your original panels

There are many different typoes of speaker available, the only problem i see with sourcing them in the UK is the space behind the rear panels so you'll need to be a bit careful with that.

Simon
Old 06-03-2003, 01:50 AM

The lucid UK kit (excl speakers) is cut for 4inch speakers only. Does this mean this is the biggest that will fit in a UK spec car?
Which Lucid package did you for in the end?

Thanks
Richard
Old 06-03-2003, 03:28 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I got the panels from Lucid (4") and installed a pair of JBL P42's that I purchased from Halfords as a special order.

The install is quite simple as you can run the wires under the carpet on the centre console but there is not much space behind the panels - I wouldn't like to try and install 5" in the space.

If you have changed to an alpine head unit you do not need the harness to install the rear speakers.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've recently moved to an amped install - I used to run some Lucid rears before. So while I'm still using the speakers/panels I'm not using the harness. I'd sell that for
Old 06-03-2003, 04:42 AM

Or you could pop into your nearest Car HiFi shop and ask them to pop some rear speakers in for you.

I did that, very happy with the results and a fraction of the cost of the Lucid pre made panels.

It is a very simple job for them to do. You don;t need very large or powerful speakers as they sit right at the back of the seats and you can always amp all speakers later.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:47 AM

Shipley, if possible could you post some pics of your rear speakers in place to give me an idea where they are and what they look like. Many thanks
Old 06-04-2003, 02:56 AM

Bit tricky at the mo as the car is in hospital !

Basically I took it to a car audio place (Road Radio) in Horsham.

They took a look and fitted 2 x Pioneer speakers.

They are quite small and are directly behind the seats in the panels. The panels were easy to cut, and as they come off easilt, the wiring was simple.

The result is not surround sound as you would like or expect at home but does round off the sound nicely.

There is a better base feel as the speakers pump it into your back but its not intrusive.

Next step is to replace and amp the fronts so most of the clarity of sound is in the front but you can still hear it at speed with the roof down.

I would take it somewhere decent and ask for there advice. Its a simple install for them...or you.

Hope this helps
Old 06-04-2003, 03:19 AM

Shipley

what size are the rear speakers you had fitted?

cheers

Alistair

Quick Reply: Rear Speakers - UK supply?