UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Radio Code issue - Myself and main dealer confused

Old 03-22-2010, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Code issue - Myself and main dealer confused

Hi all,

Firstly i have searched on this topic but can't seem to find the answer I need.

My battery went flat and my Standard stereo is now asking for the code which I do not have.

I took the car into a main dealer at the weekend and they did the usual hold number 1 and number 6 on the stereo trick, however this did not work.

The dealer told me that without that number, they can not provide me with the code - and they advised me to 'look on the internet'.

Anyway, I read on this forum that the number they are looking for may also be on a sticker on the unit itself, so I removed the head unit from the car and noted down the serial number etc etc.

phoned the main dealer again and provided them with all these codes and also the VIN number of the car.

They have now told me that they can't obtain the radio code from this information and I need to take the car in again. I asked why as I have been in once and they have said there is a different procedure for earlier cars - mine is a W Reg.

Can anybody assist me or point me in the right direction, I am nearly at the point of buying an aftermarket stereo just to get my music back!

Thanks for taking the time to read!
Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Hi,

I'm sure if you give all the details to Honda UK, they ought to be able to help you if the dealer cannot.

Failing that, the head unit isn't that brilliant anyway. I've put a Sony DAB thing in mine and there'll be hundereds of people along in a minute to tell you that's wrong and you need to spend thousands on a pumpin' system!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:56 AM

Early S2000 and buttons 1 and 6 do not work means you more then likely have a BOSE unit.

When you removed the unit did you see a serial number stamped on the case begining with E and then 7 numbers I think. Give this to the dealer with your chassis number and you get the code.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:00 AM

A reasonable head unit can be had for £100 + about £25 for a wiring harness.

most £100 car stereos now have ipod or mp3 concetivity and / or bluetooth.

some better door speakers may also help £35 -£50 gets you somthing reasonable which will bold straight in.

ice clearout are always worth a look. ... eg.

http://www.iceclearout.com/index.php?cPath...&page=1&sort=4a

Old 03-22-2010, 11:09 AM

Davey - The Serial number I gave them begins with an E followed by 8 numbers, I also gave them my VIN. They told me they can't get me the code with this info!

Looks like it might be worth trying a different dealer then.

Honda UK told me to visit my local dealer so no luck there either!

I seem to be having bad luck as I also purchased some Infinity 6.5" speakers only to find that they are too big and do not fit! Gutted. I just wanted some reasonably priced speakers that would fit straight in!

Any suggestions?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:15 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Davey is a dealer, call him at Brayley Hemel. Ask for Dave

The speakers will fit, but you will need a spacer ring. If you search for "spacer ring 6.5"" on Ebay, you'll find some for about a fiver.

What's your location, someone may well offer to help out (it's also worth updating it in "MyS2K & Settings" as it helps people to help you)
Old 03-22-2010, 11:31 AM

Thanks Lovegroova.

I will call Brayley Hemel Honda tomorrow and hopefully get my radio code.

Thanks for the info - I have found the speaker rings on ebay so i will get some orderd.

I am located near Leeds, West Yorkshire.

I have updated my profile too :-)
Old 03-22-2010, 12:07 PM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Have you got some Autoleads adaptors (Honda Accord IIRC!) so your speakers will plug into the Honda loom without butchery?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:03 PM

The car had a fancy stereo in it before i bought it, i took the door card off last weekend when attempting to fit my speakers, and the cable has been upgraded so the speaker connectors are just standard size.

I have order the mdf speaker rings so hopefully when they arrive fitting the new speakers should be fairly easy.

thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 02:49 PM

Where in Leeds are you Pelidan?

Quick Reply: Radio Code issue - Myself and main dealer confused