UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

racelogic traction control

Old 08-31-2003, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default racelogic traction control

racelogic

hi peeps you all seem a really friendly bunch here...so ive got a question or 2 if you guys dont mind..which i hope i dont get flamed for!. ..so im thinking of getting an s2000 and just wondering if anyone has thought of or tried the racelogic traction control system....im just thinking of the WET and our normal dependable crap weather....this system has launch control, its fully adjustable...give you the options of WET,DRY, 0% slip and slide,...10%slip and slide 15% and 20%...to give you a bit of fun if you want it........yeah i know i know....im losing the "real driver" in me but i just dont wont to risk it in the wet...anyway your thought will be greatly appreciated...

cheers peeps
Old 08-31-2003, 08:07 AM

I'd spend the money on driver training. Although I would be interested to find out how good the racelogic system is. How much is it?

Since I've been driving the Bluebird (13yrs old with bicycle wheels ) it's occured to me that modern cars are unbelievably safe. In the wet the Bluebird's understeer and brakes are far more dangerous than the S2000s oversteer, and it takes just as much concentration.

Seems to me that most people today would rather have a car that allows them to talk on their phones and fiddle with the stereo than concentrate on driving.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:23 AM

aha a reply at last!!....its around ...
Old 08-31-2003, 09:34 AM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I live in Washington state. The weather here tends towards the cool and damp like in much of the UK, so I guess I can weigh in on the subject.

Though I don't own an S2000, several of my friends do and I have had quite a bit of seat time in various conditions.

I will admit that the combination of high horsepower, rear wheel drive, a limited slip differential and VTEC can tend to make the S2000 a bit interesting at the limit in foul weather, but I truly don't believe that it is unsafe.

Would traction control make it easier to drive? Probably. That said, I would prefer not to have the complex driver aids as they keep me from being as good a driver as I should be.

My current car (1992 MX5) has a factory cruise control that doesn't work at the moment. I keep thinking of fixing it, but like the fact that not having it makes me interact with the car just that little bit more.
Old 08-31-2003, 09:38 AM

I did have a look at the web site you suggested Chicane looked at the prices and thought ... hmm, nothing to see here move along... (that was the bank manager talking anyway). Think that they are great and would have one if I found some money somehwere. Have to cash in my 1p, 2p and 5p at the bank tomorrow - think I will be a bit short though. Thanks For the post. Sure some S2Ker's would want one and can afford one.!

Old 08-31-2003, 10:50 AM

Originally posted by chicane
aha a reply at last
You picked the quietest weekend to post as most of us were at SM4. Not me though

The system is a lot cheaper than I thought it would be and I would be very interested in it's performance. I don't think it's for me though - the Bluebird doesn't have ABS
Old 08-31-2003, 11:10 AM

brant yeah your right..i dont wanna lose my focus with the car....and maybe having something like this might be reduce the actual driving experience rather than improve it.....and neil yeah sorry ...didnt realise that you guys were all off having fun!! ....the only good thing about the unit is that you can have it on or off....so im thinking off in the summer and on in the winter.....ohh i dunno.....ill have to think it out..thanks for your opinions guys
Old 08-31-2003, 11:18 AM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm nothing if not opinionated...
Old 08-31-2003, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by chicane
so im thinking off in the summer and on in the winter.....ohh i dunno.....ill have to think it out..thanks for your opinions guys
we had a discussion about this a while ago. Problem is, would you ever turn it off, on the road. If you did and crashed (in the dry) you'd be kicking yourself.

It would definitely be a benefit to have in the winter after a long day when it's chucking it down outside
Old 09-01-2003, 12:13 AM

I would really like a switchable tration control system. Got one in the S3. I would only ever use it in the rain and snow, so I don't really see any problem with switching it off.

Quick Reply: racelogic traction control