UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

RAC Windscreens

Old 01-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Jan 14 2007, 07:49 PM
It's part of theis call-centre cu(l)(n)ture that really gets me.

It's very frustrating, because you can't get hold of your adversary & shake them down.

And you can't use your own, competent guy, because the insurance company loses its backhander.

It's like the worst side of nationalisation, once again; they're the only show in town & as soon as you complain, it's "we've 'ad yer money; now f uck off!"

Hence my desire for direct action.
Nick

This angle on 'our approved repairer' has no legal standing afaik

I have worked in the industry and they always tried to sell this, for all sorts of reasons, but it was recognised that it wasn't compulsory

I'm talking about crash repairs btw

Are you saying they are going down this route with windscreen repair?

If so, unless the policy specifies RAC usage, I think you can tell them where to go
Old 01-14-2007, 11:09 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

That's true indeed.

It's just with windscreens, it's made trickier because unless you phone them (not easy!) to check,

You either have topay first & submit the claim, or sometimes they restrict the claim payout to perhaps
Old 01-14-2007, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Nick Graves,Jan 14 2007, 08:09 PM] That's true indeed.

It's just with windscreens, it's made trickier because unless you phone them (not easy!) to check,

You either have topay first & submit the claim, or sometimes they restrict the claim payout to perhaps
Old 01-14-2007, 11:38 AM

National Windscreens managed to scratch my S2000's A pillar, leave some of the rubber trim out of it's gutter, left shattered and powdered glass all over the dash and blood on the gear knob and passenger seat.

So it's not all rosy. I guess it's dependant on individual fitters. And how well they're policed (my car was done while I was out, my ex didn't bother to check the work before they scarpered).

Commitment to good Customer Service doesn't exist in many (any?) large organisations any more though, it's not easy to see the effect of good customer service on a balance sheet, though undoubtedly there is some, though if they're all as bad as one another I guess it doesn't make any difference.
It's why I try to go local and independant wherever possible.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:45 AM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always insist on speaking to a supervisor when things start to go wrong with call centres.

I do this all the time now and find it far less stressful than arguing with the jobsworth phone-monkey that you are connected to initially.

As you say though, without face to face contact, it is nigh on impossible to get satisfactory service.

I'm currently getting fecked about with the delivery of a bed and mattress, I feel another compensation letter coming on.

Old 01-14-2007, 12:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LTB,Jan 14 2007, 08:45 PM
I'm currently getting fecked about with the delivery of a bed and mattress, I feel another compensation letter coming on.
Bensons for beds?

My boss is persuing a claim for over
Old 01-14-2007, 01:17 PM
LTB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=m1bjr,Jan 14 2007, 09:21 PM] Bensons for beds?

My boss is persuing a claim for over
Old 01-14-2007, 02:03 PM

On the topic of windscreen replacement, mine sparkles slightly in the sunlight as if there are little defects/pits in it. At what point can you say "this windscreen is too dangerous to drive with and try to get the insurance company to pay for a new one?" What do you reckon my chances are?

In other words , what will the insurance company pay out for and what won't they?

Does the windscreen have to be totally smashed or can a whole host of pits or a crack be enough for a new one?
Old 01-14-2007, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by LTB,Jan 14 2007, 08:45 PM
Always insist on speaking to a supervisor when things start to go wrong with call centres.

I do this all the time now and find it far less stressful than arguing with the jobsworth phone-monkey that you are connected to initially.

As you say though, without face to face contact, it is nigh on impossible to get satisfactory service.

Even that doesn't work. Recent unbelieveable arguments with British Gas after one of their engineers broke our boiler, leaving us without heating for about 5 days, and with Morgan Stanley after they couldn't organise themselves to send a replacement credit card in time when the old one xpired; every time you ask to speak to a Supervisor "oh I'm sorry there aren't any available at the moment".

Seems they're wise to that trick.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:57 PM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

It's very hard to tell with winsdcreen installation as to whether it's done correctly or not. Until it's too late. One on the S came out far too easily.

When T-Mobile pissed me off, they finally were very contrite & if they'd made a phone with SH-AWD, I could have had one.

But the damage was already done too long ago & it was too little too late. I'd gone for a smaller, cheaper supplier anyway.

But usually with this CGAF call-centre cunture, the only way is to kick the bastards in the bottom line.

Quick Reply: RAC Windscreens