UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

PRM in for sale area...

Old 01-15-2004, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRM in for sale area...

Looking to generate some quick interest in a PRM group buy, but is has been moved to the for sale etc area. Off the wall comment, but surely most people not posting thinking "oh yea going to check out the for sale items cause i'm going to buy "x""

Would it not be best to keep such a topic on the general forum? You normally read a post and think "oh yea that's a good idea, let's go for it." The for sale forum surely is for members who have already made up their mind.

Any thoughts???
Old 01-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

That GB has been viewed 153 times at the time of posting this reply, and is one of the most viewed topics in the FS&W forum.

In my experience a lot of users browse that forum anyway, and one of the reasons we created that sub forum, was that GB's in this forum were running down and off the page, then not being viewed at all.

My 2p, but very open to any other feedback
Old 01-15-2004, 11:10 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

with the birdy.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not so sure..........there are clearly people here who know what a PRM is and know that they want one, however we have a lot of new members as well, and they do not yet know that they need a PRM.....indeed they probably dont even know what one is (the world of CAI's and STB's and roof well mats etc etc etc was a very new one to me when I first arrived here all those years ago!).......as such, these individuals are more likely to be exposed to the possibilities open to their car on the 'main' UK forum.

Just my 2p's worth.
Old 01-15-2004, 11:41 PM

Well I disagree I have never looked at this forum and wouldnt know anything about a group buy !!!!

I dont even know where it is all I know is this site !!!! I must be stupid !!!
Old 01-15-2004, 11:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

See the bit at the top of the page that says "UK For Sale and Wanted" under the title "Forums"

Bit of a giveaway methinks
Old 01-16-2004, 12:18 AM

I've been looking at this site for nearly two years and perhaps I have been asleep, but had never noticed the for sale forum until the PRM post was moved.

I think that if it's a specific item for sale then perhaps a dedicated forum would suffice, but general enquiries about a group buy would be better served on this discussion forum.

Just my 2p worth.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:32 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by argep
I've been looking at this site for nearly two years and perhaps I have been asleep, but had never noticed the for sale forum until the PRM post was moved.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:25 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

We did announce the FS&W Forum when it was created, and there also was discussion beforehand

I have an idea for an experiment
Old 01-16-2004, 01:26 AM

I do agree it is sometimes difficult to know when there are these sort of GB's going on for newbies, and people who don't check the site very often.

If it's a case of the thread disappearing off the page, there's 2 possible options:

1) the GB organiser has the responsibility of TTT'ing it regularly

2) probably a better idea is for a 'reminder' thread to keep being TTT'd on the main forum, while the actual GB thread runs on the FSW forum.

Just my 1p (you IT lot are richer than me )

Quick Reply: PRM in for sale area...