UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Powerflex Bushes

Old 08-06-2014, 06:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Powerflex Bushes

I am planning on having my suspension overhauled and replacing the bushes with powerflex ones.

Now I am slightly confused to what it is that I need.

On driftworks I can get the powerflex bushes I need: http://www.driftworks.com/powerflex-...ap2-03-09.html

Now I understand through their referencing diagram the bush locations but I have several questions:

a. In regards to reference 3 and 4 (casters and front compliance bushes) are there any compliance bushes to the rear suspension. I also plan on using Spoon here over the powerflex option.

b. What size bushes to I need for the Anitroll bars 26.5mm or 28.2mm, there is a choice.

c. Can I do this stall myself or will I need a press? Is it doable on axle stands and a "give it a go" attitude?

I have read the Centre of Gravity post where a member has tagged along and has taken pictures of them doing his car, this is what pointed me towards powerflex over polybush.

Is there a off the shelf bush kit I can buy which will have everything included in it for a simple "remove and reinstate" job? I would hate to buy the bushes using a "select what you will" option as I am nervous about receiving all parts.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Old 08-06-2014, 07:46 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

All listed here on Powerflex' website: http://www.powerflex...eate.php?id=313

Notes:

● PFF25-203G is a replacement caster adjustment kit which will fit standard Honda bush and PFF25-203.
● Honda changed the rear upper wishbones in 2004, cars up to 2004 use PFR25-210 cars after seem to use either
PFR25-209 or PFR25-210. Please measure the original bush to ensure the correct part number is ordered
● PFR25-209 fits arms with a hole diameter of 42mm and length of 57mm
● PFR25-210 fits arms with a hole diameter of 35mm and length of 47mm
Alternatively, it's laid out much more clearly on Polybush's site - just select whether you have pre or post 04. http://www.polybush..../shop/481_Honda
Old 08-06-2014, 07:55 AM

Thank you.

Is it DIY-able job?
Old 08-06-2014, 08:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikefifth
b. What size bushes to I need for the Anitroll bars 26.5mm or 28.2mm, there is a choice.
That depends what size ARBs you have.

You can do the ARBs with a plucky attitude, a socket set somebody bought you for Christmas, and axle stands. For everything else you'll need a press.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:26 AM

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

a) There aren't any "compliance bushes" as such, but nor sure that's the question - Mugen to make a replacement rear toe arm inner bush but only for pre-facelift I think - Spoon may do something similar

c)I did my lowers all round the drive with axle stands (Mugen front, PowerFlex everywhere else), though I do have a mate with a plant hire business and as such a hefty bush press which makes it much easier than cutting/burning/drilling the old bushes out
Old 08-07-2014, 09:10 AM

Would a small press like this be ok to use?
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/pr...on-arbor-press
Old 08-07-2014, 10:26 AM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

That press wouldn't push ur foreskin back , no .
Fact is I did mine sans press have a look a t my thread , it's not an easy job .
Poly bushes slip in easily with your fingers , you need to lube between bush and crush tube with decent silicone water proof grease the ends need to be greased too, where they rotate against the housings on the sub frames , do not grease where the bush goes into the arms .
There are lot of options on compliance bushes , poly bush ones are a waste of time , power flex balls are what I fitted obviously mugen etc will be fine too.
Old 08-07-2014, 11:53 AM

Thanks old timer.

I Have been doing some research and found a bush instal and removal tool set from draper and the like.

They make it look very easy in the videos.

Im going to get myself one and have a go first. If it all goes to pot its a simple matter of calling in a pro
Old 09-10-2014, 01:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks old timer.

I Have been doing some research and found a bush instal and removal tool set from draper and the like.

Im going to get myself one and have a go first. If it all goes to pot its a simple matter of calling in a pro

Did you get one Mike ? i found a copy of the Draper one for a third of the price, Amazon Tec Take £83

how did you get on with it ?

Old 09-10-2014, 02:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks old timer.

Was it similar to this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2813288540...84.m1423.l2649

Keen to see how you get on as that is the next job on my 'list' have already bought the bushes (powerflex) just never actually got round to fitting.

Have previously fitted them on a mates EP3 and it was a PIA at times, had to resort to burning/cutting them out. That being said it was an older car so seized bolts etc became an issue plus it was the first time we had done it. In the end the best method was use of threaded bar and washers/nuts so effectively a cheaper version of kit above.

So I would say although not vital a press may make things easier.

Quick Reply: Powerflex Bushes