UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Power Earthing Cables?

Old 06-10-2003, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A comment from a guy in the US:

"Hi. Just want to share my experience, not trying to convince those earthing wires work.

I've installed an Apexi RSM for one year and it has a function to measure the approximate horse power. Normally it will record around 200ps max at around 8k rpm.

I bought one of those earth wire several months ago, though with all the electronic or electrical knowledge I got, I believe it SHOULDN'T help horse power... it should help old cars in some way but not for my s2k... why I bought it is because of the recommendation of a Japanese S2k guy.

However, after installing the earth wire, I got 221ps at the first test! Ambient temperature and everything stayed almost the identical.

Anyway, it could be because of the effect of reseting ECU or something, but I do feel a better pull after having that installed. Not bad for the relatively cheap price of them and I'm quite happy to keep it there.

But there are many friends found nothing difference after installing to Civic or so."
Old 06-10-2003, 02:58 AM

Actually forget the group buy thing - I really don't want people getting annoyed at me if it does nothing. I will get one and do a write up and let you guys know if I noticed any difference.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:28 AM

Is this kit anything more than some good thick wire with terminals on the end?
Old 06-10-2003, 03:36 AM

Originally posted by NEED4SPEED

Aww man - you always have to knock things!

Like I said my friend in Japan checked and translated owners reports and they noted an improvement in throttle response and smoother idling.

I take it that you aren't interested then.

Sorry N4S, not my kind of thing. To me, it's just another version of the get-rich-quick schemes, but it's get-BHP-cheap instead - aimed at petrol heads.

A 21PS increase with earthing wires, when an exhaust, manifold, and CAI make maybe 10. Come on - do you really believe it ?

It should be noted that the Japanese do like their gizmos, like the magnets around the fuel lines to help smooth the flow of fuel into the injector.

Most of this is snake oil.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:04 AM

heres another pic, I have seen quite a few of these on Jap cars and most look custom made. Can't see it is worth the money bothering to import - probably best off implementing your own

Old 06-10-2003, 04:19 AM

I know the gains are pretty unbelievable... but I am not expecting a huge change but I suppose it can't be bad either. I will post my findings once I have it installed.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:07 AM
Banned

I'll come and earth your car up with 10mm black cable for
Old 06-10-2003, 09:10 AM

I'd be very VERY sceptical about anything which costs so little but promises so much. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. That said, I don't have the technical knowledge to be able to prove or disprove that. Methinks we need Mr Marshall to put in an appearance!

We really ought to get a big searchlight, like in Batman - whenever there's a seriously techy query, one of the mods can switch on the MarshallLamp, which shines a big BM into the sky, and Brian will know that once again his technical nous is required on the board
Old 06-10-2003, 09:29 AM

Give him a big red phone with a dedicated line!!!
Old 06-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I cant see what or how these work and they dont look vely nice either

Quick Reply: Power Earthing Cables?