UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Potential New Owner

Old 10-12-2002, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine over a year and done 22,000 miles int. It still brings a smile to my face every time I drive it (and often a bloody big grin!)

What other car would have a bunch of people from Shropshire, Cheshire, Leicestershire and the West Midlands, driving to an hotel near Stafford for a meal, drinks and some fat chewing - like we did last night? When you buy this car and join this board, the best accessory you get comes free.... friendship and camaraderie.

I have a hardtop and love it in the winter; the hardtop gives you two cars, both in appearance and feel. As to driving in the wet and the cold, this is a big boys car and needs driving with respect.

Unfortunately one of the owners going home from the mini-meet near Stafford last night, found that the fresh rain on roads that hadn't seen water for 4 weeks was not conducive to anything other than a very progressive and careful right foot. A 540 degree spin on the J13 M6 slip road was the result. Both occupants OK but the car is a bit sick apparently.

Buy it, enjoy it, but take care with it, especially in the cold and wet.

Oh, and get the GT!

HTH

Pete
Old 10-12-2002, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by PWE 896
What other car would have a bunch of people from Shropshire, Cheshire, Leicestershire and the West Midlands, driving to an hotel near Stafford for a meal, drinks and some fat chewing - like we did last night? When you buy this car and join this board, the best accessory you get comes free.... friendship and camaraderie.
My sentiments entirely - I wish you'd said that before the calendar went to press, Pete - I could have used it!

Just today, too, I'd parked in our only (small) town and left the engine running whilst darting into a shop, I noticed a couple of guys enviably watching the steam coming out of the twin exhausts. One said, "You've left your barrels smokin' " Cool quote; head-turning car.
Old 10-12-2002, 01:08 PM

S is definitely most fun you can get for the money. I had a Saab9-5 saloon previously but decided to get a sports car while I was able to enjoy it. The bits you think you will compromise the car such as noise, hard ride, lack of space, lower fuel consumption are not nearly as bad as you expect. The good bits ( sound, poise ) much better than you ever believed they would be
Far more sporty / fun to drive than SLK or TT, and
Old 10-16-2002, 08:33 AM

Thanks for all the input guys, new S2k will be ordered shortly. All I've got to do is decide on the colours now...

Robster