UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Police state

Old 03-14-2004, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't say I did, Lloyd. And that's entirely irrelevant to the point I was trying to make anyway. But I accept that if I do get stopped doing more than the limit, I'll have to take my lumps!

(I've already picked up one gatso 3 pointer and and am currently midway through the 14 day period to be served with the notice for another one I think I may have been done by )

To some extent, I was playing devil's advocate. Like I said, I have little time for the current regime of gatsos and cameras placed solely for revenue generation. At least in this case, you got done by an actual copper.....

My point was that, while I sympathise with you, you can hardly complain when you DO get pulled for speeding. The fact that it was 3.30am and there was nothing in the road doesn't change the fact that you were driving over the posted limit and so to start whinging about "justice" rather misses the point.

As for your final paragraph above about being a danger to society, that kind of over-reaction is hardly helpful in debating the point, is it? No-one is suggesting that you are. If you were, you'd be looking at a hell of a lot more than 3 points and
Old 03-14-2004, 02:18 PM

You can drive down an empty road at 100mph at 3am and not be a danger to anyone but yourself. On the other hand you can pull out into the path of someone at very low mph (less than 30mph) and cause a death!!!

Speed can kill but i think that reckless & dangerous driving are worse.

I know driving at 100mph at 3am can be classed as reckless & dangerous driving before anyone replies!!

Why don't we all sell are cars & ride push bikes!

No point buying an S2000 if you are going to stick to the speed limits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2004, 02:22 PM

Originally posted by Mark Turner
No beef with you - just a general point about people who whinge about getting down for speeding and try to invoke some wholly-misplaced higher concept of justice
No beef with you Mark either! Just thought i would of been let off given the circumstances time of day etc.....
Old 03-14-2004, 02:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always hold my hand up say sorry to the cops but it makes no differance as they have target money money!!
It just seems so wrong that a few mile over a limit seem so harsh
Old 03-14-2004, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by s2000silvervtec
Tonka,thanksfor the info,how would i get them to over turn this or is it a costly thing to do?
I think you really missed the boat as I said earlier - I think you might have had a fighting chance at the mag's. You'd need to consult one of the legal eagles on the advisability of an appeal before starting to try to get it overturned. It's a risky business anyway, there's no guarantee you'll succeed and you could end up with a load of costs plus solicitors fees which tend to be horrendous!

You might be best advised to take it on the chin now. 35 mph in a 30 is speeding. Don't ask me what I honestly think of a copper who can't find anything better to do at 3 am than issue a ticket for this - I can't imagine it being a severe threat to public safety.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2000silvervtec
I always hold my hand up say sorry to the cops but it makes no differance as they have target money money!!
It just seems so wrong that a few mile over a limit seem so harsh
Old 03-14-2004, 02:55 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LLOYDJ
Old 03-14-2004, 04:15 PM

Guys, you are all hardened criminals who should be banged up and forced to eat porridge without any golden syrup j/k

Don't let the buggers grind you down
Old 03-14-2004, 11:27 PM

Having read the whole of this thread one point that has been missed is that the Company is involved in the transport business.

In such cases it is "normal" for the Transport Manager or possibly the Company Secretary to be prosecuted where the driver is not "traceable". This is to encourage the Transport Manager or the Company to keep PROPER and ACCURATE records.

Sorry Mate!!
Old 03-14-2004, 11:35 PM

Originally posted by s2000silvervtec
Not sure what to do next!I was hoping for some surggestions on here!
I have no detail but I do know that for about

Quick Reply: Police state