UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Police state

Old 03-14-2004, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by LLOYDJ
what justice!!!! No such thing anymore!

I was stopped for speeding at 3.30am in the morning! Not a car on the road apart from a cop car hiding in a layby. Was told i was breaking the law no matter what the time of day and didn't matter if the roads were empty!
Since you're relatively local to me. where were you nicked?
Old 03-14-2004, 12:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Mark as you can see its time v money and so on projust pay and think im hard done to !

So funny just gone down to the local spar shop as i approached the front door, a young yob ran out the store,with the manager taken chase,if i had only a split secound before thought, i could of put my foot out triped him up and the store manager could of caught him bugger that would of been justice!
Old 03-14-2004, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2000silvervtec
Oh yes it was for doing 35mph, at 11pm on a
Old 03-14-2004, 12:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by s2000silvervtec
Old 03-14-2004, 01:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well.. you've been convicted on this now, so you'd have to start an appeal process to have any chance of getting this overturned. I'm sorry to say it sounds like you've just been a tad too casual about this. If you'd attended court on the day, your story might have carried more weight.

The first thing is that 35 mph is bang on the limit of the ACPO Guidelines (Prevailing limit + 10%=2 mph) so it's tough luck really. Whilst forces aren't bound by the guidelines, they're there for a purpose and a good advocate would have made hay with that in court I'm sure.

The thing with the Hamiltons is they never disputed that one of them was driving - just that they couldn't honestly remember which it was. Most people toss up for who takes the drop in those circumstances. Much as I dislike the Hamiltons, I think they were right to dispute it on the grounds that they couldn't honestly remember, and therefore couldn't disclose who was driving. They got away with it anyway, and good luck to them.

Your case doesn't sound dissimilar, other than the fact that you were an emloyer presumably, of whoever was driving.
Old 03-14-2004, 01:50 PM

Tonka,thanksfor the info,how would i get them to over turn this or is it a costly thing to do?

Wonder boy if thats all your help i dont need it!infact it looked like you at the Spar shop where were you at 8ish tonight!
Old 03-14-2004, 01:58 PM

Mark,

So do you drive within the speed limit all the time? I think not!!!!!!!!!!

You sure you're not a copper? You have the same attitude!

I was doing 68 in a 60 limit! Lock me up, throw away the key i'm a danger to society!!!!!

Lloyd
Old 03-14-2004, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by Welshman
Since you're relatively local to me. where were you nicked?
Very local! But i was on my way back from Cornwall early one Monday morning on the A30.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:07 PM

Lloyd,its a passionate subject,but i think Mark was just pointing the facts,out.

Oh my thoughts to this is that every person on the rd should take an advanced driving test after three years!If that happened there would be so many lives saved,plenty of work for the driving instructors and so on.But the prob with that is the fecking goverment would lose 20mill a year! If they would stand up and be counted it would make us all happier!
Old 03-14-2004, 02:09 PM

Lloyd im from down there The lizard

Quick Reply: Police state