UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Please, if you could just park more inconsiderately........

Old 12-08-2003, 02:36 AM
ADP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please, if you could just park more inconsiderately........

So, my neighbours somehow need 4 cars, but regularly have people over who most of the time like normal people park in the road or else where. But no, not this lot, they park it er in the middle of the access drive! To top it off, they were coming out of the house as I inched through the gap..........I looked at them and they were plainly oblivous to the fact they had parked in a ridiculous way........Im guessing they probably never move out of the middle lane, dont signal at roundabouts etc.......BMW drivers.

Old 12-08-2003, 03:21 AM

3 series Beemer There's a shock NOT
Old 12-08-2003, 03:33 AM

can't see the problem myself

only joking..............
Old 12-08-2003, 04:01 AM

You have my sympathy there mate Not the sort of thing you want to negotiate in the dark, you could easily kerb you wheels.

I've had similar trouble myself with an inconsiderate neighbour severely restricting access to my drive and making it awkward for other neighbours to get past with their cars on a narrow cul-de-sac. It was only after several months of hassle when other neighbours jokingly let it be known that they were going to buy a
Old 12-08-2003, 04:13 AM

You could get a bus through that gap! ..... a toy one at least!

I do sympathise...... I used to live in a very similar cul-de-sac to yours with around 10 houses and 20+ cars. We all had garages and space for 1 car in front of the garage...... I was the only person to actually park the car IN the garage....... thus leaving an "empty" space outside.

On a regular basis i'd leave the house to find not one but two cars parked in front of my garage...... which meant wasting 20 minutes knocking at everyones door until I found the tw*tish owners....... they generally had a don't give a f*ck attitude when asked to move!

So I sold up and moved elsewhere!
Old 12-08-2003, 04:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BMW!

At least while he's raining on your parade, he isn't plotting to invade a small country!
Old 12-08-2003, 05:00 AM

Mandy recently brought home a chalk marker pen, the sort used by car-dealers to write on car winscreens (you know, the white marker which just wipes off with a damp cloth).

We live near a very, very expensive restaurant, whose clientele drive very large cars and park them on our narrow road with complete abandon. The restaurant owners have signs everywhere but nothing seems to work. As there are no street lights nearby (it's a very small village in the middle of nowhere) I have been out on several occasions recently having a merry old time writing on the cars my thoughts on the nature of the type of person they must be to completely block an entire road and the consequences they may suffer were they to do it a second time.

I can only say that the problem has not been as great recently and seems to get better each week

Link to liquid chalk pens. I can heatily recommend them for relief of parking stress related problems
Old 12-08-2003, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B****y vandal!!!
Old 12-08-2003, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Probably a woman looking at the angle
Old 12-08-2003, 10:56 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

The twat probably believes he's parked as far over as he can!

These people don't realise cars have rear overhangs.

Restaurants - it reminds me of the carpark at the Thai restaurant that we visited on Saturday. I parked S2K in the service road outside - nice n' easy.

The carpark was full of E/ F segment saloons & SUVs- typically received posh fodder.

Unfortunately, none of the owners could park - it was hilarious watching the mayhem as they tried to manouver, with people guiding them incorrectly.

I reckon that's why Bangle made the new seven like that - you cannot tell if it's been hit, or not.

Quick Reply: Please, if you could just park more inconsiderately........